|Parent company||Sony Music Entertainment|
|Founder||Michael Blanton, Dan Harrell|
|Genre||Contemporary Christian music, pop rock|
|Country of origin||United States|
The label was formed by Amy Grant's managers (with Harrell being her brother-in-law), with the label's original intent to give new artist Kathy Troccoli a home after being rejected by the major labels at the time. Troccoli, Michael W. Smith, and Rich Mullins were the label's first three artists.
In 1990 they signed a new distribution deal with Geffen Records. In 1992 50% of Reunion Records was sold to BMG and by 1995 the other half was also acquired by BMG. For a time following the BMG acquisition they distributed through RCA Records. From 1995 until 1996, it was part of Arista Records (a BMG company). In October 1996 the label was sold to Zomba Records. Through eventual consolidation, it is now part of Sony Music Entertainment.
The roster of artists, updated March, 11, 2016:
- Steven Curtis Chapman
- Casting Crowns
- Brandon Heath
- Moriah Peters
- Rebecca St. James
- Tenth Avenue North
- Tim Timmons
- Jason Crabb
- Austin Adamec (active)
- All Star United (active, with Double Happiness/Fierce UK)
- Anthem Lights (active, independent)
- The Archers (inactive)
- Matt Brouwer (active, with Black Shoe Records)
- Gary Chapman (inactive)
- Ashley Cleveland (active)
- Rick Cua (inactive)
- Chynna & Vaughan (active)
- Elim Hall (inactive)
- Kim Hill (active, with 33rd Street Records)
- Jake (hiatus)
- Michael James (inactive)
- Wes King (inactive)
- Ana Laura (active, with Integrity Latin)
- Leeland (active, with Essential Records)
- Brian Littrell (active)
- Reneé Garcia (active)
- Prism (inactive)
- Michael W. Smith (currently on Capitol Records)
- Lindsay McCaul (active, with Centricity)
- Mike-E (active, with WENDEMÉ CREATIVE)
- Rich Mullins (deceased)
- Jill Paquette (active)
- Kerrie Roberts (currently independent)
- SHINEmk (disbanded)
- Billy Sprague (inactive)
- Phil Stacey (active)
- The Prayer Chain (inactive)
- Third Day (currently on Essential Records)
- Kathy Troccoli (active, with KT Records)
- Joy Williams (currently independent)
- Recess (inactive)
- Price, Deborah Evans (1996-10-19). "Arista Nashville's Reunion Records purchased by the Zomba Group". Billboard Magazine 108 (42): 10.
- Holley, Debbie (1993-01-16). "BMG buys into Blanton/Harrell, Reunion Records". Billboard Magazine 105 (3): 10.
- "BMG ENTERTAINMENT AND BMG MUSIC PUBLISHING ACQUIRE REUNION RECORDS AND REUNION MUSIC". PR Newswire. 1995-04-26. pp. 426CH012.
- Price, Deborah Evans (2003-12-05). "Christian music vets form BHT Label". Billboard Bulletin.
- "Artists roster". Retrieved April 16, 2012.
- "Music News, November 2010: REBECCA ST. JAMES PARTNERS WITH PROVIDENT LABEL GROUP". Jesusfreakhideout.com. 2010-11-18. Retrieved 2011-10-09.