||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Revelation live in Rochester New York in 2009
|Origin||Rochester New York, United States|
2003 - present
Rise Above Records
Leaf Hound Records
|Associated acts||Place of Skulls
|Members||John Brenner (1971-2015)
|Past members||Dennis Cornelius
Revelation started in 1986 by singer/guitarist John Brenner and drummer Steve Branagan. After numerous demos they were featured on Rise Above Records compilation Dark Passages. They put out one album with Rise Above before signing with Hellhound Records. They put out two albums with Hellhound before breaking up. In 2003 Miskatonic Records released Frozen Masque, which featured two demos from 1996 as well as live material. The band has played numerous shows since 2003. Some members of the band formed Against Nature in 2004.
In 2007, Leaf Hound Records re-released Never Comes Silence and announced plans to reissue both Salvation's Answer and an unreleased album. Also in 2007, past line-ups performed at Baltimore's Doom or Be Doomed festival. Several weeks after the Doom or be Doomed Festival Revelation reformed with a "new' line up including John Brenner on guitars and vocals, Josh Hart on guitars, Bert Hall, Jr on bass guitar, and Steve Branagan on Drums. In addition, Brenner, Hall and Branagan will continue to release music and tour as Against Nature.
In 2008, Leaf Hound announced that it would be releasing Revelation's fourth album, Release.
- Salvation's Answer LP/CD (Rise Above Records 1991)
- Never Comes Silence CD (Hellhound Records 1992)
- ...Yet So Far CD (Hellhound Records 1995)
- Frozen Masque CD (Miskatonic Records 2003)
- Unreleased Album LP (Leaf Hound Records 2008 - recorded in 1988)
- Release CD (Leaf Hound Records 2008)
- For the Sake of No One CD (Shadow Kingdom Records 2009)
- Inner Harbor (Shadow Kingdom Records 2013)
- Never Comes Silence CD (Leaf Hound Records 2007)
- Salvation's Answer CD (Leaf Hound Records 2007)
- Revelation CD (Reissue of 'Unreleased' The Church Within Records 2009 - recorded in 1988)