Revelation 1:13-2:1 on the verso side of Papyrus 98 from the second century.
|Book||Book of Revelation|
|Bible part||New Testament|
|Order in the Bible part||27|
Revelation 7 is the seventh chapter of the Book of Revelation or the Apocalypse of John in the New Testament of the Christian Bible. The book is traditionally attributed to John the Apostle.
- The original text is written in Koine Greek.
- Some of the oldest manuscripts containing this chapter are:
- This chapter is divided into 17 verses.
This chapter can be grouped (with cross references to other parts of the Bible):
- And I heard the number of those who were sealed. One hundred and forty-four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel were sealed:
- After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands,
- And I said to him, “Sir, you know.”
- So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
- They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat;
- for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”
- Jesus Christ
- John's vision of the Son of Man
- Judah (biblical person)
- Names and titles of Jesus in the New Testament
- Other related Bible parts: Revelation 5, Revelation 6
- Halley, Henry H. Halley's Bible Handbook: an abbreviated Bible commentary. 23rd edition. Zondervan Publishing House. 1962.
- Holman Illustrated Bible Handbook. Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville, Tennessee. 2012.
- Davids, Peter H (1982). I Howard Marshall and W Ward Gasque, ed. New International Greek Testament Commentary: The Epistle of James (Repr. ed.). Grand Rapids, Mich.: Eerdmans. ISBN 0802823882.
- Evans, Craig A (2005). Craig A Evans, ed. Bible Knowledge Background Commentary: John, Hebrews-Revelation. Colorado Springs, Colo.: Victor. ISBN 0781442281.
- Revelation 7:4
- Revelation 7:9
- Revelation 7:14
- Revelation 7:16
- Revelation 7:17
- John Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible - Revelation 7:17
This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Gill, John. Exposition of the Entire Bible (1746-1763).