Revenge of the Worthless
|Revenge of the Worthless|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Jamal Shah|
|Produced by||Amna Shah|
|Written by||Jamal Shah|
|Based on||Real-life Events|
|Music by||Mehdi Raza|
|Cinematography||Aamir Tehseen Rao|
|Edited by||Malik Irfan|
|Distributed by||Summit Entertainment|
|22 July 2016|
|Box office||Rs0.35 crore |
Revenge of the Worthless is a 2016 Pakistani action drama film featuring the directorial debut of Jamal Shah with an assistant direction of Zohaib Akhtar and produced by Amna Shah under production banner Hunerkada Films. The film casts Jamal Shah himself, Ayub Khoso, Firdous Jamal, Shamil Khan, Maira Khan and Emel Karakose along with new talent, the students of Hunerkada College of Visual and Performing Arts. And Noor Bukhari in a Cameo.
Jamal Shah plays the lead, Zarak Khan, whose wife and two daughters refuse to leave their ancestral home. They decide to fight the invaders, along with their household staff. Tragedy leads to the end of Zarak Khan, three servants, and one daughter.
- Jamal Shah as Zarak Khan
- Firdous Jamal as Maulana Sufi Mohummed
- Ayub Khoso as Ameer Qudratuullah
- Imran Tareen as Janan Khan
- Shamil Khan as Arbaz Khan
- Maira Khan as Shabana
- Noor Bukhari in Cameo
- Emil Karakose as Palwasha
- Iftikhar Qaiser as Ustad
- Asfandyar Khan as Taliban
- Qumber Ali as Taliban
- Saad Farukh Khan as Arab Doctor.
- Bilal Khattak as Masoom Khan
- Abdul Rahim Langove as Gulalai
- Iram Rehman as Zarlashta
- Kaleem Achakzai as Ismael
- Asif Shah as Kareem Kaka
- Agha Mustafa Hassan as Sher Khan
- Zubair Achakzai as Commander Mansoor
- Qazi Zubair as Malik Qahar Khan
- Meheryar Khan as Taliban
First look title poster was revealed on 26 November 2015 and teaser trailer on 15 January 2016. Theatrical trailer and poster was revealed on 5 April 2016. Final look poster and theatrical trailer was released on 15 January 2016.
Firstly, the film was scheduled to release on 22 May 2015 but it was postponed because of Zimbabwe cricket tour to Pakistan after the 6 years ban on Pakistan tours. The director thought it may affect the film business as matches were being held in Lahore, the Lollywood city. The film was scheduled for 15 January 2016 release but yet again the film was postponed. The film was passed uncut by CBFC for release on 22 July 2016.
According to Lollywood box office reports, the Pakistan movie 'Revenge of the worthless' left the other Pakistani film 'Ishq positive' far behind in terms of Box office collections. The Pakistani movie Revenge of the worthless first-day box office collections remains good while the first weekend collections remain Average. According to unofficial reports, Revenge of the worthless collects over 70 lac on its first day, 40 lakh on the second day and 50 lac on the third day and hence the movie Managed to collect a good revenue of 1.60 crores on its first weekend.
- "Jamal Shah takes a swipe at filmmaking". The Express Tribune. Maryam Ansari. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- Usman, Maryam (29 March 2015). "'Revenge of the Worthless' set to be sought". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 22 May 2018.
- "Veteran artiste Jamal Shah to make a movie on Swat culture". HiP. Archived from the original on 8 December 2014. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "New Pakistani Movie Pays Tribute to Swat". brandsynario. Rida Sadiq. Archived from the original on 1 December 2014. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "An action-packed adventure relevant to today's Pakistan". The News International. Aijaz Gul. Retrieved 27 December 2014.
- "Revenge of the Worthless, second trailer is out". Reviewit.pk. Rashid Nazir Ali. Retrieved 18 April 2015.
- "'Revenge of the Worthless' set to be sought". The Express Tribune. Maryum Usman. Retrieved 18 April 2015.
- "'Revenge of the Worthless' postponed for match". hip. Ayesha Ahmed. Retrieved 20 May 2015.
- "Revenge of the Worthless eyes January release". DAWN.com. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- "'Revenge of the Worthless' delayed until March". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Green light: 'Revenge of the Worthless' to release uncut". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 9 July 2016.
- "Revenge of the worthless to release on 22nd". The Nation. Retrieved 9 July 2016.