The name Reventlow, a noble Danish surname, may refer to:
- Anne Sophie Reventlow, queen consort of Denmark (king Frederick IV of Denmark)
- Christian Detlev Reventlow Danish diplomat and military leader 1671-1738)
- Christian Ditlev Frederik, Count Reventlow Danish statesman, 1748-1827
- Conrad, Count Reventlow Chancellor of Denmark 1644-1708
- Ernst Graf zu Reventlow (August 18, 1869 - November 21, 1943), German naval officer and Nazi politician
- Fanny, Countess Reventlow German artist and author 1871-1918
- Lance Reventlow, American entrepreneur and race driver
The Reventlow family is an ancient noble family of Danish and German origin. The earliest records of the family are from Ditmarsken in 1223, where some of its members were Constables. Furthermore, it has been known in Mecklenburg since 1236 and Denmark from 1333.
Origin of the name
The Reventlow family has probably taken its name from its first place of residence, which is supposed to have been close to Windbergen in Ditmarschen. The name is possibly derived from Reve, which means river and Lue, which is translated into a Wood.
|This page or section lists people with the surname Reventlow. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|