Jump to navigation Jump to search
Type of site
|Music and Social Networking|
|Alexa rank||1,799 (August 2012[update])|
|Launched||October 31, 2006|
ReverbNation.com is a web site, launched in 2006, that focuses on the independent music industry. It aims to provide a central site for musicians, producers, and venues to collaborate and communicate.
- ReverbNation provides a widget that allows its members to place content on web pages. This TuneWidget is a feature that links back to additional content, such as music recommended by the band who created the widget. In 2007, Webs (formerly Freewebs) added a widget service that included TuneWidget as an option for its web site users.
- A feature called Band Equity measures popularity based on four metrics of its service: reach, influence, access, and recency with the top 100 of each genre being recognized.
- In May, 2008, Judas Priest pre-released a track from its upcoming album on ReverbNation. Its label, Epic Records, described the use of the TuneWidget as "a must have tool for any artist's viral campaign".
- In Dec, 2009, ReverbNation partnered with Microsoft launching Playlist 7 sponsorship program where 7 top emerging artists were able to showcase their work having one of their songs featured
- "Reverbnation.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "Gigs & Bytes: Judas Priest's Widget / Metallica's Mission". Pollstar. 2008-05-16. Archived from the original on 2008-05-18. Retrieved 2008-05-28.
- "TuneWidget". eMinor, Inc. Retrieved 2008-05-28.
- "Freewebs Taps Reverbnation to Provide Music Content for 17,000,000 Websites". BusinessWire. 2007-06-25. Retrieved 2008-05-28.
- "Bits & Briefs". 120 (15). Billboard. 2008-04-12.
- "Band Equity: A Better Measurement Than Song Charts" (PDF). eMinor, Inc. 2008-03-17. Retrieved 2008-05-29.
- "REHAB to Headline the ReverbNation Tour". top-40charts.com. 2007-08-09. Retrieved 2008-05-29.
- "Judas Priest Single 'Nostradamus' Blows Up With ReverbNation Widget". Blabbermouth.net. 2008-05-08. Archived from the original on 2008-05-08. Retrieved 2008-05-28.
- Playlist 7 Sponsorship Program