Revesby railway station
Station from south in December 2012
|Location||Blamey Street, Revesby|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||20.96 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||4 (2 island)|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Opened||21 December 1931|
|Passengers (2013)||3,900 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
On 9 December 1985, the line from Revesby to East Hills was duplicated with a new track laid to the north of the existing one. The line from Kingsgrove to Revesby was duplicated around the same time.
The Rail Clearways Program saw the station's role change significantly, with plans to considerably boost capacity of the East Hills line by creating two centre turnbacks at the station to replace a side turnback at East Hills, and quadruplicating the line from Kingsgrove to Revesby.
In 2006, construction commenced on a second island platform and a replacement footbridge. Platform 3 opened in December 2008, as the main platform to the west. The existing Platform 2 became a centre turnback with only a few services initially using the facility. In October 2009, a new timetable was introduced, and Revesby replaced East Hills as the major intermediate terminus.
In April 2013, as part of the quadruplication of the line from Kingsgrove to Revesby, Platform 4 opened.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Central & the City Circle via the Airport
morning peak services to Central & the City Circle via Sydenham
|2||terminating services to & from Central & the City Circle via the Airport|||
|3||terminating services to & from Central & the City Circle via the Airport|||
|4||services to Campbelltown & Macarthur|||
Transdev NSW operate four routes via Revesby station:
- 923: Bankstown Central to Panania
- 924: Bankstown Central to East Hills station
- 926: Bankstown Central to Padstow station
- S5: Padstow station to Milperra
Revesby station is served by one NightRide route:
- Bureau of Transport Statistics. "Train Statistics 2014" (PDF). Transport NSW. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- Revesby Station NSWrail.net
- Revesby Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- "Signalling & Safeworking" Railway Digest April 1986 page 119
- "The East Hills to Glenfield Line" Railway Digest August 1986 pages 234-235
- Airport & East Hills Line timetable changes CityRail December 2008
- Kingsgrove to Revesby Quadruplication Project Profile Transport Infrastructure Development Corporation
- "T8: Airport & South line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "Transdev NSW route 923". Transport for NSW.
- "Transdev NSW route 924". Transport for NSW.
- "Transdev NSW route 926". Transport for NSW.
- "Transdev NSW route S5". Transport for NSW.
- "N40 Nightride". Transport for NSW.
- Media related to Revesby railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Photo gallery showing construction of the new turnback platforms
- Revesby station details Transport for New South Wales