Revesby railway station
Station from south in December 2012
|Location||Blamey Street, Revesby|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||20.96 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||4 (2 island)|
|Opened||21 December 1931|
On 9 December 1985, the line from Revesby to East Hills was duplicated with a new track laid to the north of the existing one. The line from Kingsgrove to Revesby was duplicated around the same time.
The Rail Clearways Program saw the station's role change significantly, with plans to considerably boost capacity of the East Hills line by creating two centre turnbacks at the station to replace a side turnback at East Hills, and quadruplicating the line from Kingsgrove to Revesby.
In 2006, construction commenced on a second island platform and a replacement footbridge. Platform 3 opened in December 2008, as the main platform to the west. The existing Platform 2 became a centre turnback with only a few services initially using the facility. In October 2009, a new timetable was introduced, and Revesby replaced East Hills as the major intermediate terminus.
In April 2013, as part of the quadruplication of the line from Kingsgrove to Revesby, Platform 4 opened.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Central & the City Circle via the Airport
morning peak services to Central & the City Circle via Sydenham
|2||terminating services to & from Central & the City Circle via the Airport|||
|3||services to Campbelltown & Macarthur|||
|4||services to Campbelltown & Macarthur|||
Transdev NSW operate four routes via Revesby station:
- 923: Bankstown Central to Panania
- 924: Bankstown Central to East Hills staton
- 926: Bankstown Central to Padstow station
- S5: Padstow station to Milperra
- Revesby Station NSWrail.net
- Revesby Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- "Signalling & Safeworking" Railway Digest April 1986 page 119
- "The East Hills to Glenfield Line" Railway Digest August 1986 pages 234-235
- Airport & East Hills Line timetable changes CityRail December 2008
- Kingsgrove to Revesby Quadruplication Project Profile Transport Infrastructure Development Corporation
- "T2: Airport line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "Routes 923 and 924 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 27 April 2015.
- "Route 926 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 27 April 2015.
- "Routes 922 and S5 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 27 April 2015.
- NightRide bus services Transport Info NSW
- Media related to Revesby railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Photo gallery showing construction of the new turnback platforms
- Revesby station details Sydney Trains