Vusanje, Kingdom of Yugoslavia
|Occupation||Novelist, poet, social critic, literary critic, politician|
|Literary movement||Postmodern literature, Literary Criticism, Cultural Criticism|
|Notable works||Dialogue with Writers 1967|
Rexhep Qosja (Montenegrin: Redžep Ćosja, Реџеп Ћосја) (born 1936 in Vusanje, Zeta Banovina, Yugoslavia) is a prominent Albanian politician and literary critic from a part of Malësia in modern Montenegro (where locally the region is known as Malesija). He holds a bachelor's degree from the University of Pristina and graduated with a master's degree from the University of Belgrade Faculty of Philology in 1968.
Qosja is the author of various anthologies and scholarly monographs, including a three-volume history of Albanian literature in the Romantic period. He is also the author of the novel Vdekja më vjen prej syve të tillë ("Death Comes to Me from Such Eyes", Pristina, 1974).
Qosja has been a pro-Albanian rights advocator for many years. He has written many books outlining the history and the struggle of the Albanian people in the Balkans for many years. Along with politician Hashim Thaçi, Qosja was a prominent figure in the peace talks to end the Kosovo War of 1999. With his superior knowledge and expert advice, Thaçi was able to rise in the ranks of the Kosovo government. He has criticized many prominent political figures in Kosovo and Albania for actions considered to be degrading to the Albanian people. Such figures to be criticized include Ismail Kadare, Ibrahim Rugova, Sali Berisha, Fatos Nano, Nexhat Daci, Bajram Kosumi and many Democratic League of Kosovo (LDK) party members. He also has criticized every one who was anti-Albanian progression, anti-Kosovo liberation, anti-Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA) and those people who did not fight for the liberation and recognition of the Albanian people and their rights. Qosja's brother Isa is a film director. Gjilan letrar- Award 2012 Beqir Musliu , on 22 June 2012 handed academician Rexhep Qosja.
- Dialogue with Writers 1967
- Death Comes from Such Eyes 1974
- The Anatomy of Culture 1976
- Naked Myths 1978
- From Typology to Periodism 1979
- The History of Albanian Literature 1985
- The Great Counsel 1986
- The Forbidden Nation 1990
- Democratic Dictionary 1977
- One Love and Seven Sins 2001
- The Regretful Resurrected 2002
- Indifferent Reality 2006
- The Second Renaissance 2007
Historical and journalistic work
Historical documentaries :
- The Albanian question - history and politics,
- Serbian programs for the deportation of Albanians, Bloody Peace,
- The shock of the first century, the century Shock 2,
- Second Renaissance .
Journalistic works :
- People detained,
- Albanian unification strategy,
- Discourses progressive,
- Democratic Glossary 2
- Democracy abused,
- Intellectuals, ethics and politics.
Poelemika and relationship with others
Acts controversy : Morphology of a campaign, the ideology of dissolution, ignoring reality, really late. Rexhep Qosaj after controversies included in the book Morphology of a campaign- (1980) the publication of the book by Ismail Kadare in 2006 European Identity of Albanians - test "was a revival of a controversy between qosjes and Kadare. So while Ismail Kadare It assesses the Albanian identity western Qosja in his book called Reality overlooked, considers it as a blend of western and eastern identity. Kadare-Qosja debate, is an epithet for exchange during the several months and the accusations in the moral , intellectual and political between the writer Ismail Kadare and academician Rexhep Qosaj on "national identity of Albanians". It is widely known what happened, the division has ever congress Monastery. Kadare - Qose debate was accompanied at the same time the recovery of public discussion on the role of Ismail Kadare .. Kadare and Qosaj had their rivalry in the early years of democracy, culminating in 1997, when Qosaj called rebellion that sent Albania into anarchy, "challenge Democratic Revolution" coming out clearly in support of the opposition, and Twain in a BBC interview he described the rebellion as a clash between communists and nationalists emerging government support. The author(R. Qosja) of the novel Death comes from such eyes (1974) and the four other plays, as with Beselam why sacrifice, naked Mite (1978), Sfinga alive, and death of a queen, thanks to which is as the author of those works considered as birth skull, Volteir the Balkans, the best writer of the Albanian ethnicity of wide scale and the Balkans, as well as the daily Infopress 
Works translated into other languages
- Panteoni i rralluar, author Rexhep Qosja 
- English: ("Death Comes to Me from Such Eyes", Pristina,roman, 1974)|Albanian: "Vdekja më vjen prej syve të tillë"(roman)1972
- Serbian: "Živa sfinga, Jedinstvo", Priština, 1976.
- Serbian: "Smrt vreba iz očiju, Narodna knjiga", Beograd, 1976.
- Serbian: "Književnost i kritika, Prosveta", Beograd, Jedinstvo, Priština, 1979.
- Slovene: "Smrt preži v očeh, Mladinska knjiga", Ljubljana, 1979.
- Bulgarian: "Smrta mi ide ot takiva oči" , Hristo Danov, Plovdiv, 1982.
- Arabic: "spelling arabic "Beselam pse më flijojnë" (Arabic), Kuvajt, 1983.
- French: "La mort me vient de ces yeux là", Gallimard, Paris, 1994.
- French: "La question Alabanaise", Fayard, Paris, 1995.
- In solchen Augen lieg der Tod, Hayman Verlag, Innsbruck, 1995.
- Die ogen en de dood, Van Genep, Amsterdam, 1996.
- "Rexhep Qosja - Biografia". Akademia e Shkencave dhe e Arteve e Kosovës. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- Historical dictionary of Kosova by Robert Elsie, p. 147-148
- Panteoni i Rralluar - author Rexhep Qosja
- "marrëveshjes Rugova - Thaci - Qosja - Nacionale - Kosova Online". kosovaonline.info. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- Rexhep Qosja, Rambouillet
- Gjilan letrar- Award 2012 Beqir Musliu
- Gazeta Shekulli: R.Qosaj throws against book"
- Ismail Kadare: "European identity of Albanians 1"
- Ismail Kadare: "European identity of Albanians 2":Rexhep Qosja
- literature » Rexhep Qosja
- reprinted, Pristina, July 7, 2010 by Nijazi Ramadani is simply Reading recession wonderful fables and author Rexhep Qosja.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rexhep Qosja.|
- Regular members of ASHAK(Kosovo
- Rexhep Qasja Newspaper "Shqip", Tirana
- Read below the interview given Blendi Fevziu Ismail Kadare in TV Klan
- Read below some R.Qoses interviews to Daily "Shqip", Tirana