Reynisdrangar are basalt sea stacks situated under the mountain Reynisfjall near the village Vík í Mýrdal, southern Iceland which is framed by a black sand beach that was ranked in 1991 as one of the ten most beautiful non-tropical beaches in the world.
Contemporary legends note the story of a husband who found his wife taken by the two trolls, frozen at night. The husband made the two trolls swear to never kill anyone ever again. His wife was the love of his life, whose free spirit he was unable to provide a home for; she found her fate out among the trolls, rocks, and sea at Reynisfjara.
- "Black Sand Beach in Iceland Photo by Inderjit Singh — National Geographic Your Shot". National Geographic Your Shot. Retrieved 2015-07-20.
- Discover South Iceland Highland - Attractions: Dyrhólaey and Reynisdrangar Archived 2011-07-01 at the Wayback Machine
- Beckwith, Ken. "Heart of Birds, Refuge by the Sea and Blurb, 2020". Retrieved 2020-03-29.
- Beach at Reynisdrangar virtual tour
- NASA Astronomy Picture of the Day: IIcelandic Legends and Aurora (8 December 2015) - featuring Reynisdrangar
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Reynisdrangar.|
|This Iceland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|