Reynolds High School (Troutdale, Oregon)
|Reynolds High School|
|1698 SW Cherry Park Road
Troutdale, Oregon, Multnomah County 97060
|School district||Reynolds School District|
|Number of students||2822|
|Color(s)||Forest green, silver and white|
|Athletics conference||OSAA Mt. Hood Conference 6A-3|
Reynolds High School is the only public high school in Troutdale, Oregon, United States, in the northeastern part of the Portland metropolitan area. It is part of the Reynolds School District, and is the second-largest high school in Oregon.
On May 29, 1979, a three-alarm fire injured three students and damaged the gym and theater.
Reynolds High School merged with Columbia High School in 1989. Columbia High School is now the site of Reynolds High School, and the former Reynolds High School is now one of three middle schools in the district, Reynolds Middle School.
In 2009, there were nearly 900 freshmen in the incoming class, a record for the school. This was combined with a 25% layoff of teachers, over 40 teachers at the school. This caused class sizes to increase dramatically.
- "Oregon School Directory 2008-09" (PDF). Oregon Department of Education. p. 139. Retrieved May 28, 2009.
- Hammond, Betsy (June 10, 2014). "Reynolds High: 2nd Biggest in Oregon, Serves Five Cities, Knows Controversy". The Oregonian. Retrieved June 10, 2014.
- Mayer, James (April 19, 2012). "Aluminum Plant Gone, but Memories Remain". The Oregonian. Retrieved June 10, 2014.
- "Previous Portland-Area School Fires". The Oregonian. November 10, 2009. Retrieved November 11, 2009.
- "State Releases High School graduation Rates". The Oregonian. June 30, 2009. Retrieved July 1, 2009.
- "Oregon Dropout Rates for 2008" (XLS). The Oregonian. June 30, 2009. Retrieved July 1, 2009.
- "Reynolds High Students Navigate Big Classes on First Day". The Oregonian. September 9, 2009. Retrieved June 10, 2014.