Reynolds School District (Oregon)
|Reynolds School District|
The Reynolds School District is a school district in the U.S. state of Oregon and serves the cities of Fairview, Wood Village and Troutdale, as well as parts of Portland and Gresham, with an enrollment of 10,411 students.
Reynolds School District is named for what was once the region's biggest employer, Reynolds Aluminum. The district was formed when the Fairview, Troutdale, and Wilkes elementary school districts merged in 1954.
In 2015, a bond resolution was proposed, that'd grant the district $125,000,000. The district would utilize this money to replace and renovate several schools within the district, as well install security upgrades in every school. The four major projects are replacing Troutdale Elementary, Fairview Elementary, and Wilkes Elementary with new buildings, and remodeling a large portion of Reynolds High School. The bond was passed with 52% voting in favor. Construction on the first secure vestibules started in late 2016, and major projects began on spring of 2017. These projects are projected to be completed on fall of 2018.
The Reynolds school board comprises seven elected members who serve for four years.
- Elementary schools
- Margaret Scott
- Salish Ponds
- Middle schools
- H.B. Lee
- Reynolds Middle School
- Walt Morey
- High schools
- Alternative schools
- Four Corners
- Reynolds Learning Academy West
- Reynolds Learning Academy East
- Reynolds Online Academy
- Charter schools
- ACE Academy
- KNOVA Learning
- Multisensory Learning Academy Elementary School
- Multisensory Learning Academy Middle School
- Reynolds Arthur Academy
- "Superintendent's Office". Reynolds School District. Retrieved June 10, 2014.
- Mayer, James (April 19, 2012). "Aluminum Plant Gone, but Memories Remain". The Oregonian. Retrieved June 10, 2014.
- "Reynolds School District proposes $125 million bond to rebuild three elementaries, add high school classrooms". OregonLive.com. Retrieved 2018-07-07.
- "Reynolds school bond passes". Reynolds School District - Oregon. Retrieved 2018-07-07.
- "Safety and Security Upgrades (District-wide)". Reynolds School District - Oregon. Retrieved 2018-07-07.
- "School Board". Reynolds School District. Retrieved June 10, 2014.
- Green, Crystal (2013-11-21). "Oregon Districts Offer Much More Than Education To Homeless Youth" (Press release). Salem, OR: Oregon Department of Education. Retrieved 2014-09-13.
- Reynolds School District (official website)