|Circulation||10,000 per issue|
|First issue||October 2005|
Rez Biz is the title of an American monthly magazine initially distributed in Arizona and New Mexico. The magazine is targeted to Native Americans who are interested in running their own businesses and seeking success stories. Its goal is to improve the economic living conditions of Native Americans.
Rez Biz was founded in 2005 by George Joe  and Michael Clani, both members of the Navajo Nation. The first print run of Rez Biz magazine was 25,000 copies in October 2005; over the next two years, 10,000 to 15,000 copies of the 24-page publication were published fourteen times while the publisher/editor was a full-time graduate student in English. Rez Biz is distributed freely, primarily in New Mexico and Arizona, and at its official website.
After the first year in circulation, Rez Biz won two journalism awards from the Native American Journalism Association in June 2007. The magazine is also used for instructional purposes in high schools and colleges with predominant Native student populations. It is used by University of New Mexico's Gallup campus as a teaching tool.
The original design for the publication was created by graphic designer and artist Michael Bulloch. Michael worked as the Art Director for Rez Biz on the first 6 issues. He also designed the logo for the magazine.
- Ferguson, J. (November 15, 2006). "Edge of the Rez: Economy still borderline". Arizona Daily Sun. Archived from the original on June 3, 2008. Retrieved June 17, 2008.
- Joe, George (July 11, 2007). "Navajo journalist makes it the hard way". High Country News: Writers on the Range. Retrieved June 17, 2008.[dead link]
- Bryan, Susan Montoya (September 30, 2005). "New magazine aims to spur American Indian economic development". Sign On San Diego. Retrieved June 17, 2008.
- "Native American Journalists Association 2007 award winners".
- Bryan, Susan Montoya (October 24, 2006). "Rez Biz, a monthly magazine, hopes to educate American Indians". Albuquerque Tribune. Retrieved June 17, 2008.