Rezar in April 2018
|Birth name||Gzim Selmani|
|Born||16 June 1994|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Gzim Selmani|
|Billed height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Billed weight||330 lb (150 kg)|
|Trained by||WWE Performance Center William Regal|
|Debut||30 January 2016|
Gzim Selmani (born 16 June 1994) also known as ‘The Albanian Psycho’ is a Dutch professional wrestler, former mixed martial artist for Bellator MMA and Bamma UK and a World Pro Kickboxing heavyweight champion. He was the heavyweight champion for kickboxing league RDL. He is currently signed to WWE, where he performs on the Raw brand under the ring name Rezar along with Akam as AOP (formerly known as Authors of Pain). He previously competed in WWE's developmental system, NXT, where he achieved status as an NXT Tag Team Champion and Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic winner (with Akam).
Selmani grew up in Huizen, Netherlands. He is an ethnic Kosovo Albanian. He began practicing judo from the age of four, took up kickboxing at age 12 and began training in mixed martial arts alongside his brother Egzon at the age of 15. Gzim Selmani became Professional Kickboxing heavyweight champion after an 8-man tournament in one night, that took place in Bremerhaven, Germany.
Mixed martial arts career
|Born||16 June 1994|
|Other names||The Albanian Psycho|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight||265 lb (120 kg; 18 st 13 lb)|
|Team||Golden Glory / Martijn de Jong|
|Years active||2012–2014 (MMA)|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
last updated on: 9 June 2016
Selmani joined Golden Glory management team and began to compete in amateur mixed martial arts Shooto competitions in the Netherlands in 2012. His first professional fight was on 8 July 2012 against Kaan Postaci in The Hague The Netherlands. He ended up knocking him out with a knee left hook combo. He won his second fight at Shooto Europe against Jorrit Leeman. On 24 November 2012 Selmani Fought Anatoli Ciumac in Brașov, Romania, which he won. He faced Ante Delija at Final Fight Championship 05 and lost by TKO. Selmani defeated Mario Milosavljevic in November 2013 to record his second professional victory, and beat Tomaž Simonič at FFC 10 in Skopje, Macedonia. Selmani defeated Oli Thompson in 18 seconds in the main event of BAMMA 15 on 5 April 2014 in London. Selmani competed for Bellator MMA at Bellator 130 in October 2014, losing via TKO to Daniel Gallemore.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|8 matches||6 wins||2 losses|
|Loss||6–2||Daniel Gallemore||TKO (punches)||Bellator 130||24 October 2014||2||4:33||Mulvane, Kansas, United States|
|Win||6–1||Oli Thompson||Technical Submission (guillotine choke)||BAMMA 15||5 April 2014||1||0:18||London, United Kingdom|
|Win||5–1||Tomaz Simonic||Technical Submission (arm-triangle choke)||Final Fight Championship 10||13 December 2013||1||1:54||Skopje, Macedonia|
|Win||4–1||Mario Milosavljevic||Technical Submission (standing guillotine choke)||Bosnia Fight Championship 1||9 November 2013||1||0:35||Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Loss||3–1||Ante Delija||TKO (punches)||Final Fight Championship 5||24 May 2013||1||3:09||Osijek, Croatia|
|Win||3–0||Anatoli Ciumac||TKO (retirement)||Klash Champions Battlefield 4 – Road to Glory||November 24, 2012||2||5:00||Brașov, Romania|
|Win||2–0||Jorrit Leeman||Submission (armbar)||Shooto Europe Pro||13 October 2012||2||2:58||Deventer, The Netherlands|
|Win||1–0||Kaan Postaci||KO (punch)||Fight Club Den Haag||8 July 2012||1||2:10||The Netherlands, The Hague|
Professional wrestling career
Selmani got invited for a tryout in Dubai, and it was William Regal’s choice to get him to sign a contract for WWE. In May 2015, it was reported that Selmani had signed a contract with WWE and would begin training to become a professional wrestler at the WWE Performance Center. In October 2015, WWE confirmed that Selmani was a WWE developmental recruit already training at the Performance Center. He made his in-ring debut at a NXT house show in Venice, Florida on 30 January 2016, losing to Josh Woods. By February 2016, Selmani had formed a tag team with Sunny Dhinsa, and they became known as The Authors of Pain by April 2016.
Selmani and Dhinsa made their televised NXT debuts on 8 June 2016 at NXT TakeOver: The End; following the NXT Tag Team Championship match, they attacked champions American Alpha (Chad Gable and Jason Jordan) before leaving backstage with Paul Ellering. On 15 June episode of NXT, the Authors of Pain won their first televised match and were managed by Ellering. On 24 August episode of NXT Selmani's ring name was revealed to be Rezar, while Dhinsa was billed as Akam. The duo won the 2016 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic, defeating TM61 in the tournament final at NXT TakeOver: Toronto. At NXT TakeOver: San Antonio, the Authors of Pain defeated #DIY to win the NXT Tag Team Championship. They retained the title at NXT TakeOver: Orlando by defeating #DIY and The Revival in a Triple Threat Tag Team Elimination match by eliminating both teams. At NXT TakeOver: Chicago, the duo participated in the first NXT Takeover main event for the NXT Tag Team Championship by defeating #DIY in a ladder match to retain the title. At NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III, the Authors of Pain lost the titles to SAnitY. at NXT TakeOver: WarGames, Authors of Pain and Roderick Strong competed in a 3 team WarGames match which was won by The Undisputed Era. On 20 December episode of NXT, Authors of Pain lost the NXT Tag Team Championship to Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly. At NXT TakeOver: Philadelphia, Authors of Pain got a rematch but were unsuccessful. At NXT TakeOver: New Orleans, Authors of Pain competed in a Triple threat tag team match for the NXT Tag Team Championship and Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic trophy which was won by The Undisputed Era (Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly).
On the April 9 episode of Raw, The Authors of Pain, along with Ellering, made their main roster debut, defeating Heath Slater and Rhyno. After the match, Akam and Rezar ended their partnership with Ellering by pushing him away and leaving him ringside as they returned backstage. On the September 3 episode of Raw, The Authors of Pain, now under the shortened name of "AOP", were accompanied to the ring by the 205 Live General Manager, Drake Maverick, who announced himself as their new manager.
On the November 5 episode of Raw, The Authors of Pain defeated Seth Rollins in a handicap match to win the Raw Tag Team Championship for the first time.
Championship and accomplishments
- Professional wrestling
- Pro World Heavyweight Champion 2013
- "Rezar". WWE.
- "1/30 WWE NXT in Venice, Fla. – PARKS'S In-Person Report on Asuka vs. Emma main event, Sara Lee in action, more". pwtorch. Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- "Team Selmani about". Team Selmani. Archived from the original on 15 February 2016. Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- "Shooto Holland – Warriors 3". Sherdog. Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- "TKlash Champions Battlefield – Road to Glory". mmacore.com. Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- "BAMMA 15 results". British Association of Mixed Martial Arts. Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- "Bellator 130 results: Emanuel Newton survives early trouble, taps Linton Vassell". MMAJunkie. Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- Johnson, Mike. "WWE signs former Bellator fighter". pwinsider.com. Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- "Tough Enough Competitors Join New Class at The WWE Performance Center". WWE. Retrieved 18 June 2016.
- "NXT Tampa, FL, live results: Sami Zayn vs. Manny Andrade for the first time". Wrestling Observer. Retrieved 18 June 2016.
- "4/22 WWE NXT in Tampa Results – TMDK & Nikki Storm make NXT debuts, A-Riley vs. Dillinger main event, No Way Jose, Mandy Rose". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 18 June 2016.
- Johnson, Mike. "Dillinger has strong showing: Ongoing NXT TakeOver – The End blog". pwinsider.com. Retrieved 14 June 2016.
- "NXT TakeOver live results: Samoa Joe vs. Finn Balor cage match; Nakamura vs. Austin Aries". Wrestling Observer. Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- Tylwalk, Nick. "NXT: Finn Balor finds out what's next". Canoe.ca. Retrieved 18 June 2016.
- "Rezar_WWE". Twitter. Retrieved 24 August 2016.
- "Akam_WWE". Twitter. Retrieved 29 August 2016.
- Benigno, Anthony. "The Authors of Pain def. Heath Slater & Rhyno". WWE.com. Retrieved April 9, 2018.
- "AOP def. Keith Thompson & Jimmy James". WWE.com. Retrieved September 3, 2018.
- "Pro Wrestling Illustrated (PWI) 500 for 2018". cagematch.net. Retrieved 24 September 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gzim Selmani.|