Rezence (wireless charging standard)
Rezence (pronounced reh-zense) is an interface standard developed by the Alliance for Wireless Power (A4WP) for wireless electrical power transfer based on the principles of magnetic resonance. The Rezence system consists of a single power transmitter unit (PTU) and one or more power receiver units (PRUs). The interface standard supports power transfer up to 50 watts, at distances up to 5 centimeters. The power transmission frequency is 6.78 MHz, and up to eight devices can be powered from a single PTU depending on transmitter and receiver geometry and power levels. A Bluetooth Low Energy link is defined in the A4WP system intended for control of power levels, identification of valid loads and protection of non-compliant devices.
The A4WP was formed in early 2012 with the intent to create a wireless power transfer standard to compete with the existing Qi standard. Board member companies include Broadcom, Gill Electronics, Integrated Device Technology (IDT), Intel, Qualcomm, Samsung Electronics, Samsung Electro-Mechanics, and WiTricity.
- Contactless energy transfer
- Inductive coupling
- Near field communication
- Bluetooth Smart
- Open Dots, a conductive charging standard promoted by Open Dots Alliance
- "Alliance for Wireless Power (A4WP) Announces the Expansion of the Rezence™ Standard to 50 Watts to Include Tablets, PCs and Peripherals". MarketWatch. PR Newswire.
- "A4WP Rezence Wireless Power". YouTube.
- "Rezence Technical Specification". Rezence.com.
- "Bluetooth Based Wireless Charging – Rezence (A4WP)". Wireless Outlook.
- "A4WP Board Members". Rezence.
- "IDT Joins the Alliance for Wireless Power to Assist in Propagation of Innovative Wireless Power Solutions". IDT.com.
- "Intel joins Alliance for Wireless Power's Board of Directors". Engadget.
- "Intel joins A4WP, a newcomer to wireless power standards". Cnet.
- "Samsung, Qualcomm start up Alliance for Wireless Power to take on Qi". Engadget.
- "WiTricity Joins Alliance for Wireless Power (A4WP)". Yahoo Finance.
- "Winergy Wireless Charger Reviews 2022: Exclusive Report". Review Ecstasy.