Rezwana Choudhury Bannya
|Rezwana Choudhury Bannya|
Bannya performing in New Jersey, United States (June 2017)
|Native name||রেজওয়ানা চৌধুরী বন্যা|
Rangpur, Bangladesh 
|Occupation(s)||singer, associate professor|
|Instruments||Vocal, harmonium, esraj|
Rezwana Choudhury Bannya is a Bangladeshi singer. She is an exponent of Rabindra Sangeet, the songs written and composed by Rabindranath Tagore. She won Independence Day Award (2016) by the Government of Bangladesh.
Rezwana was born in Rangpur, Bangladesh to her parents Mazharuddin Khan and Ismat Ara Khan. Her early singing lessons started with her uncle Abdul Ali that continued later under the tutelage of Sanjida Khatun and Atiqul Islam at Chhayanat and Bulbul Academy of Fine Arts (BAFA) in Dhaka. As she continued taking lessons in music and singing, she also joined the Economics Program at the university after completion of her schooling. However, soon her inner- self-came to the realization that music was her destiny. She received a scholarship from the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) to study in Santiniketan, the university that was founded by Tagore himself. She took lessons from artists including Kanika Bandyopadhyay, Nilima Sen, Shoilajaranjan Mazumdar, Santidev Ghosh, Gora Sarbadhikary, Manju Bandyopadhyay and Asesh Bandyopadhyay.
- Ananda Sangeet Puroshkar for being the best female Rabindra Sangeet artist (2002)
- Gaane Gaane Gunijon Shongbardhona (2011)
- Sangeet Samman Puroshkar from the Ministry of Culture, India in 2013
- Independence Day Award (2016)
- Banga Bhushan (2017)
- Firoza Begum Memorial Gold Medal (2017)
- Sangeet Maha Samman (2017) by the Government of West Bengal
- Swapner Aabhashe (2014)
- Sokal Saajhe
- Bhorer Aakashe (2012)
- Laguk Haowa (2012)
- Apan Pane Chahi
- Pran Khola Gaan (2011)
- Elem Nutan Deshe
- Sudurer Mita
- Maatir Daak
- Khelar Saathi
- Gethechinu Anjali
- Moner Majhe Je Gaan Baaje
- Mor Dorodiya
- Surer Ashonkhani
- Surer Kheya
- Patar Bhela Bhasai
- Shraban Tumi
- Chinnopotro (2004)
- Kabi Pranam (2008)
- Baaje Rammyabina
- "My Life". Rezwana Choudhury Bannya's official website. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- The University of Dhaka, Department of Music
- সংগীত শিল্পী রেজওয়ানা চৌধুরী বন্যার মায়ের মৃত্যু. bdnews24.com (in Bengali). 31 March 2016. Retrieved 3 May 2016.
- "Rezwana Choudhury Bannya | Most Popular Bangladeshi Rabindra Sangeet Singer". bikkhato.com. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- "Rezwana Choudhury Bannya awarded". 1 October 2011. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- বন্যাকে ‘সংগীত সম্মান পুরস্কার’. Prothom Alo (in Bengali). 2 April 2013. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rezwana Choudhury Bannya.|