|Born||1965 (age 51–52)|
|Spouse(s)||Sanjay Dutt (1998 - 2002)
Leander Paes (2005 - present)
Rhea Pillai is an Indian model known for her works in Television and advertising. In 2003, she was honored as the "Woman of the Year", along with Raveena Tandon, Anoushka Shankar and Ritu Beri, on International Women's Day. The event was promoted by Indiatimes, Asmi Diamonds and the Indian Television Academy. Pillai's award was for social services. In 2006 she had a minor screen role in the Hindi movie Corporate. Pillai is involved in the Art of Living Foundation.
. Rhea was born to Raymond Pillai and Dhurreshwar Dhanrajgir, a doctor, and the daughter of Maharaj Narsingir Dhanrajgir Gyan Bahadur of Hyderabad and actress Zubeida, who acted in the first Indian talkie Alam Ara (1931).
In 1998, Rhea married actor Sanjay Dutt, but they separated after a few years. She stated in 2006 that they remain close friends. After the divorce became official in 2008, and details of the settlement were published by the tabloid MiD DAY, the broadsheet newspaper The Telegraph criticised Pillai for her materialism and her conduct in relation to Dutt.
Pillai had a live-in-relationship with Indian tennis player Leander Paes in 2005. The couple has a daughter, Aiyana. She has filed a case against Paes and his father alleging domestic violence in June 2014 at a local metropolitan court.
- The ITA Awards » GR8! Women Achiever Awards 2003. Indian Television Academy. Retrieved 2011-01-10
- "Interview with Rhea Pillai". Soul Curry magazine. March 6, 2009. Archived from the original on 2011-01-22. Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- "Sanjay Dutt". India eNews. July 31, 2007. Archived from the original on 2012-02-25. Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- "Rhea Pillai interview". One India. November 29, 2006. Retrieved 2011-01-10.[dead link]
- Bharathi S. Pradhan, The Rhea Pillai affair, The Telegraph, March 23, 2008. Retrieved 2011-01-10
- "Paes didn't want me to have 'dignity of a wife': Rhea Pillai to court". The Times of India. Retrieved 16 January 2015.
- "Rhea Pillai files complaint against Leander Paes, says evicted from their home". Indian Express. Retrieved 16 January 2015.