In modern medicine, R. officinale has been studied for the treatment of hepatitis B. However, a meta-analysis of published clinical trials concluded that the quality of existing studies was "poor", but further study of R. officinale in combination with interferon is "justified".
- Chinese herbology 50 fundamental herbs
- "Rheum officinale Baillon, Adansonia. 10: 246. 1871", Flora of China online 5, 2004, retrieved 7 July 2015
- McCulloch, M; Broffman, M; Gao, J; Colford Jr, JM (2002). "Chinese Herbal Medicine and Interferon in the Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis B: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized, Controlled Trials". American journal of public health 92 (10): 1619–28. doi:10.2105/AJPH.92.10.1619. PMC 1447297. PMID 12356611.
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (May 2015)|
- Plants For A Future database report
- Calorimetric investigation of the effect of hydroxyanthraquinones in Rheum officinale Baill on Staphylococcus aureus growth
- ScienceDirect - The Lancet : Herb-drug interactions[dead link]
|This Polygonaceae article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|