Bentley Township, Michigan
|Bentley Township, Michigan|
|• Total||35.8 sq mi (92.8 km2)|
|• Land||35.7 sq mi (92.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||732 ft (223 m)|
|• Density||24.1/sq mi (9.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1625915|
- Rhodes is an unincorporated community within the township at . The ZIP code is 48652.
- Estey is an unincorporated community within the township at  It was formed around a lumber mill in 1891. For a time it was an incorporated village but was disincorporated in 1920. .
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 35.8 square miles (93 km2), of which 35.7 square miles (92 km2) is land and 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2) (0.36%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 859 people, 327 households, and 255 families residing in the township. The population density was 24.1 per square mile (9.3/km²). There were 361 housing units at an average density of 10.1 per square mile (3.9/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 98.14% White, 0.47% Native American, 0.12% Pacific Islander, and 1.28% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.70% of the population.
There were 327 households out of which 31.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 64.8% were married couples living together, 8.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 22.0% were non-families. 18.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.60 and the average family size was 2.91.
In the township the population was spread out with 24.7% under the age of 18, 7.3% from 18 to 24, 30.5% from 25 to 44, 22.5% from 45 to 64, and 15.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females there were 97.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 97.9 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $37,125, and the median income for a family was $40,179. Males had a median income of $35,972 versus $23,750 for females. The per capita income for the township was $15,074. About 13.0% of families and 16.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 22.1% of those under age 18 and 8.6% of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Bentley Township, Michigan
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Rhodes, Michigan
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Estey, Michigan
- Romig 1986, p. 187.