Rhonda Ross Kendrick
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014)|
|Rhonda Ross Kendrick|
|Born||Rhonda Suzanne Silberstein
August 14, 1971
Los Angeles, California, United States
|Spouse(s)||Rodney Kendrick (1996–present; 1 son)|
Ross Kendrick's most famous acting credit is on Another World, as Toni Burrell. She played the role from 1997 to 1999, and was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award in 1998. She also appeared in the movie "The Personals" (1999) with Malik Yoba as well as The Temptations miniseries with her relative Bianca Lawson. She is a graduate of Brown University. She has been married to jazz musician Rodney Kendrick since September 13, 1996. On 7 August 2009, their son Raif-Henok Emmanuel Kendrick was born. In September 2012, her younger sister Chudney gave birth to a daughter named Calloway Lane, thus making Rhonda an aunt.
After working for two years as an agent with the firm Citi Habitats, she set out on her own.
In 2008, Ross Kendrick founded Ross Realty International, a real estate brokerage in New York City.
At the time of Ross Kendrick's birth, Diana Ross was married to her first husband, Robert Ellis Silberstein. Although Gordy, Ross and Silberstein were all privately aware of the Rhonda's parentage, she was nonetheless publicly represented as Silberstein's daughter. Although Gordy was always a close friend of the family, the relationship he maintained with Ross Kendrick did not take on a father-daughter nature until after Ross Kendrick was informed of her true paternity when she was 13 years old. Kendrick Ross has said that the revelation came as a relief, since she had previously found herself troubled over the stark physical differences that she saw developing between her two sisters and herself. Finding out that she had a different biological father than did her sisters provided her the peace of having a clear explanation for those differences.
The eldest of Diana Ross' five children, her maternal half-siblings are:
- Tracee Joy Silberstein (sister; born October 29, 1972; known as Tracee Ellis Ross)
- Chudney Lane Silberstein (sister; born November 4, 1975; known as Chudney Ross)
- Ross Arne Naess (brother; born October 7, 1987)
- Evan Olav Naess, (brother; born August 26, 1988; known as Evan Ross)
The seventh of Berry Gordy's eight children, Rhonda's paternal half-siblings are:
- Hazel Joy Gordy (sister; born August 24, 1954)
- Berry Gordy IV (brother; born October 1955)
- Terry James Gordy (brother; born August 1956)
- Kerry Ashby Gordy (brother; born June 25, 1959)
- Sherry Gordy (sister; born May 23, 1960)
- Kennedy William Gordy (brother; born March 15, 1964) (sang briefly under the stage name Rockwell)
- Stefan Kendal Gordy (brother; born September 3, 1975) (known as Redfoo of the popular group LMFAO); the only paternal sibling younger than Rhonda
|Film and television|
|1985||The Last Dragon||7th Heaven Dancer||Theatrical film|
|1992||Diana Ross Live! The Lady Sings... Jazz & Blues: Stolen Moments||Herself||Television documentary|
|1994||Out of Darkness||Young Paulie Cooper||Television movie|
|1997-1999||Another World||Toni Burrell||Television series|
|1998||Franchesca Page||Theatrical film|
|25th Daytime Emmy Awards||Television special|
|The Temptations||Maxine||Television miniseries|
|2000||The 16th Annual Soap Opera Awards||Television special|
|2011||The Oprah Winfrey Show||Herself|
- "Black Celebrity Kids,babies,and their Parents » RHONDA ROSS OPENS UP ABOUT BEING A NEW MOM". Blackcelebkids.Com. 2009-08-07. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- [dead link]