Rhonda Ross Kendrick
Rhonda Suzanne Silberstein
August 14, 1971
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Rodney Kendrick (m. 1996)
Rhonda Ross (born Rhonda Suzanne Silberstein; August 14, 1971) is an American singer-songwriter, actress, and public speaker. She is the daughter of singer/actress Diana Ross. She was born in Los Angeles and raised by Ross and her first husband, Robert Ellis Silberstein. Her biological father is Motown Records founder Berry Gordy.
At the time of Rhonda's birth, Diana Ross was married to her first husband, Robert Ellis Silberstein. Ross, Gordy, and Silberstein all knew of Rhonda's parentage. She was publicly presented as the daughter of Ross and Silberstein, and he raised her. When she was 13, she was told Gordy was her biological father. Ross Kendrick has said that the revelation came as a relief. She was beginning to notice physical differences between herself and her younger sisters. The revelation gave her an answer to the situation. Rhonda Ross Kendrick is the eldest of Diana Ross' five children and the seventh of Berry Gordy's eight biological children. She is a graduate of Brown University.
Ross Kendrick's most famous acting credit is Toni Burrell on Another World. She played the role from 1997 to 1999 and was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award in 1998. She also appeared in the movie The Personals (1999) with Malik Yoba as well as The Temptations miniseries with her relative Bianca Lawson. In 2004, she released her debut live album Rhonda Ross Live Featuring Rodney Kendrick.
After working for two years as an agent with the firm Citi Habitats, she found Ross Realty International, a real-estate brokerage firm in New York City in 2008.
In 2013, she joined her mother (Diana Ross) on the In the Name of Love Tour as the opening act for her concerts. In July 2016, she released her first studio album In Case You Didn't Know. The album spawned the singles "Summer Day" and "In Case You Didn't Know".
- Rhonda Ross Live Featuring Rodney Kendrick (2004)
- In Case You Didn't Know (2016)
|Film and television|
|1985||The Last Dragon||7th Heaven Dancer||Theatrical film|
|1992||Diana Ross Live! The Lady Sings... Jazz & Blues: Stolen Moments||Herself||Television documentary|
|1994||Out of Darkness||Young Paulie Cooper||Television movie|
|1997-1999||Another World||Toni Burrell||Television series|
|1998||Franchesca Page||Theatrical film|
|25th Daytime Emmy Awards||Television special|
|The Temptations||Maxine||Television miniseries|
|2000||The 16th Annual Soap Opera Awards||Television special|
|2011||The Oprah Winfrey Show||Herself|
- "Showbiz Wiz". People Magazine. 15 January 1979.
- Anderson, Stacie (15 April 2011). "Week in Rock History: Elvis Dies at Graceland". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 19 January 2017.
- Rhonda Ross Live Featuring Rodney Kendrick - Album by Rhonda Ross on Apple Music. iTunes. Retrieved on April 25, 2017
- Ross Realty International Archived July 10, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- Hardy, Ernest (August 4, 2013). "Review: Diana Ross still show-stopping at the Hollywood Bowl". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved April 25, 2015.
- In Case You Didn't Know - Album by Rhonda Ross on Apple Music. iTunes. Retrieved on April 25, 2017
- Summer Day - Single by Rhonda Ross on Apple Music. iTunes. Retrieved on April 25, 2017
- "Black Celebrity Kids,babies,and their Parents » RHONDA ROSS OPENS UP ABOUT BEING A NEW MOM". Blackcelebkids.Com. 2009-08-07. Retrieved 2012-08-15.