Bennett in 2015
|Full name||Rhys Gordon Bennett|
|Date of birth||1 September 1991|
|Place of birth||Ashton-in-Makerfield, England|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Playing position||Defender / defensive midfielder|
|2011–2012||→ Falkirk (loan)||19||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15:42, 20 March 2017 (UTC).
Rhys Gordon Bennett (born 1 September 1991) is an English professional footballer who plays as a defender for Mansfield Town. He primarily plays as a central defender, although he has also been deployed in defensive midfield, and as a full-back.
Born in Ashton in Makerfield, Greater Manchester, he began his career as a youth player with Radcliffe Borough, before moving to Bolton Wanderers. He went professional in 2009, spending three years with Bolton, where he regularly played in the club's reserve side, but he failed to make the first team and was sent out on loan to Falkirk in July 2011. Bennet stayed at Falkirk throughout the 2011/12 campaign, making 25 appearances for the club in all competitions. In the summer of 2012, Bennett made a permanent transfer to then-League Two side Rochdale, where he has notably made over 100 league appearances.
Bennett started his professional career at Bolton Wanderers, regularly playing in the reserve side and wearing the captain's armband on occasions. Having not made an appearance for the first team he was sent out on loan to Falkirk in July 2011 by manager Owen Coyle.
On 6 July 2011, it was announced that Falkirk had signed Bennett on a six-month loan, which was extended until the end of the season on 9 January 2012. Bennett made his debut on 23 July 2011, scoring a 26th-minute opener against Brechin City in the Scottish Challenge Cup.
On 11 June 2012, Rochdale announced that Bennett had signed a one-year contract at the club effective on 1 July 2012. He made his debut on 4 September in a 2–2 draw against Fleetwood Town in the Football League Trophy. The game went to a penalty shoot-out which Rochdale won 4–2 and progressed to the second round. He made his league debut on 15 September in a 2–1 win away to AFC Wimbledon.
- As of 20 March 2017
|Bolton Wanderers||2011–12||Premier League||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Falkirk (loan)||2011–12||Scottish First Division||19||0||1||0||3||0||2||1||25||1|
|Mansfield Town||2016–17||League Two||38||2||1||0||1||0||6||0||46||2|
- "Professional retain list & free transfers 2012/13" (PDF). The Football League. 18 May 2013. p. 69. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
- "Bennett Makes Falkirk Debut". Bolton Wanderers F.C. 14 July 2011. Retrieved 27 August 2011.
- "Falkirk snap up Bolton kid Rhys Bennett on season-long loan deal". Daily Record. 6 July 2011. Retrieved 27 August 2011.
- "Bennett's Falkirk Loan Extended". bwfc.co.uk. 9 January 2012. Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- "Brechin City 1–2 Falkirk". BBC Sport. British Broadcasting Corporation. 23 July 2011. Retrieved 27 August 2011.
- "Rochdale sign Bolton Wanderers defender Rhys Bennett" BBC Sport. 11 June 2012. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "Rochdale 2–2 Fleetwood" BBC Sport. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "AFC Wimbledon 1–2 Rochdale" BBC Sport. 15 September 2012. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "Rochdale 2–3 York" BBC Sport. 1 December 2012. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "Mansfield Town sign defender Rhys Bennett from Rochdale". BBC Sport. Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- Rhys Bennett at Soccerbase
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rhys Bennett.|