|Full name||Rhys Day|
|Date of birth||31 August 1982|
|Place of birth||Bridgend, Wales|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|2001–2002||→ Blackpool (loan)||9||(0)|
|2002–2003||→ Mansfield Town (loan)||8||(0)|
|2010–2011||→ Mansfield Town (loan)||8||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10:33, 5 June 2015 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 11:06, 7 February 2010 (UTC)
Born in Bridgend, Mid Glamorgan, Day began his career at Manchester City, but never broke through to City's first team. He joined Mansfield Town in November 2002, initially on loan, and the move was made permanent in January 2003.
A knee injury kept Day out of action for more than four months in the 2004–05 season, and he also missed large portions of the 2005–06 season with various injuries. Mansfield did not offer Day a new contract at the end of the season, making him a free agent. He signed for Aldershot Town on a two-year contract in July 2006 and was named as captain by new manager Gary Waddock for the 2007–08 campaign.
Day signed a new one-year contract following Aldershot's promotion to the Football League, but in April 2009 it was announced that he would be released at the end of the season. He signed a two-year contract with Oxford United on 23 July.
Rhys Day retired from the game at the end of the 2011/2012 season at the age of 29 because of series of knee injuries that kept him out of the team for a 16-month period. At the time of his retirement he expressed his intention to stay in the game in a coaching capacity.
On 10 September 2013 Day came out of retirement to sign for Hyde after coming through a special training regime with the club. He made his league debut on 28 December when he started against Wrexham.
- Conference National (V): 2008
- Conference National (promoted): 2010
- Hugman, Barry J. (2005). The PFA Premier & Football League Players' Records 1946–2005. Queen Anne Press. p. 164. ISBN 1-85291-665-6.
- "Stags look to Day". BBC Sport. 18 January 2003. Retrieved 23 July 2009.
- "Boss Confirms Departures". Aldershot Town F.C. 20 April 2009. Retrieved 13 May 2009.
- "Defender Day seals Oxford switch". BBC Sport. 23 July 2009. Retrieved 23 July 2009.
- "Defender Rhys Day has been transferred to Mansfield Town". Oxford United. 6 January 2011. Retrieved 6 January 2011.
- "The End of the Day". Oxford United. 12 April 2012. Retrieved 12 April 2012.
- "Howarth adds to Wales woes". BBC. 20 May 2003. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- "Rhys Day backs his brother at Crucible". Oxford Mail. 15 April 2010. Retrieved 8 June 2010.