|Full name||Rhys Palmer|
|Date of birth||13 February 1989|
|Original team(s)||Bullcreek Leeming JFC / East Fremantle|
|Height/Weight||181cm / 82kg|
|Current club||Greater Western Sydney|
Greater Western Sydney
1 Playing statistics correct to end of 2015 season.
Rhys Palmer (born 13 February 1989) is an Australian rules footballer who plays for the Greater Western Sydney Giants in the Australian Football League (AFL). He previously played for the Fremantle Football Club, and won the AFL Rising Star award in 2008.
Palmer played junior football for the Bullcreek Leeming Junior Football Club.
Palmer was a key member of Western Australia's victorious 2007 AFL National Under 18 Championships side, averaging 32 possessions and 3 goals per game. He finished second by one vote behind Cale Morton in the Larke Medal and was named in the Under 18 All-Australian side.
Palmer gained attention again at 2007 AFL Draft Camp finishing second in the 3 km time trial with a time of 10min 25sec and fifth in the beep test with a score of 14.8.
Palmer was taken at pick #7 overall in the 2007 AFL Draft by Fremantle.
He put in some impressive performances in the 2008 NAB Cup and after being named as an emergency for the opening round of the 2008 season, Palmer made his debut in Round 2 at Subiaco Oval against Hawthorn. Whilst his debut match was impressive individually, with 22 possessions and a goal, Fremantle lost the match by 15 points. In his second match he was awarded the AFL Rising Star nomination for his outstanding performance in the Western Derby, despite receiving a gash to his head in the opening quarter.
After being nominated in Round 3, Palmer won the 2008 AFL Rising Star ahead of Cyril Rioli from Hawthorn with 8 of the 9 judges voting him as the best emerging player. He missed the 2009 season because of a knee reconstruction.
Palmer joined Greater Western Sydney in September 2011, becoming the third uncontracted player, after Phil Davis and Callan Ward, to join the club in preparation for its entry into the AFL for the 2012 season.
- Statistics are correct to end of round 7, 2015 
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- "Bullcreek Leeming Junior Football Club Hall of Fame". www.bljfc.com.au. Retrieved 2008-09-17.
- "Rhys Palmer". SportingPulse. Retrieved 2008-09-17.
- Heinrich, Scott (2007-07-12). "West boys end title agony". foxsports.com.au. Retrieved 2008-09-17.
- "2007 AFL draft camp results". Herald Sun. 2007-10-08. Retrieved 2008-09-17.
- Chadwick, Justin (2008-03-29). "Hawks get the job done". sportal.com.au. Retrieved 2008-09-17.
- "Palmer handed Rising Star nomination". Herald Sun. 2008-04-08. Retrieved 2008-09-17.
- Walsh, Courtney (2008-04-07). "Bloodied Docker's 'dream' derby debut". foxsports.com.au. Retrieved 2008-09-17.
- Palmer joins GWS – afl.com.au. Written by Nathan Schmook. Published 6 September 2011. Retrieved 6 September 2011.
- Rhys Palmer's player profile at AFL Tables
- Rhys Palmer's profile on the official website of the Greater Western Sydney Football Club
- Rhys Palmer's statistics from AFL Tables
|Ron Evans Medal