Rhythm + Flow
|Rhythm + Flow|
|Directed by||Sam Wrench|
Episodes 101 - 104 & 107 - 110
Chance the Rapper
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Executive producer(s)||Jeff Gaspin|
|Original release||October 9, 2019|
In the series, hip hop artists Cardi B, Chance The Rapper, and Tip "T.I." Harris critique and judge unsigned rappers, who are competing to win a US$250,000 prize. In several episodes, the judges are joined by guest judges, who give the competitors additional feedback.
Rhythm + Flow is the first music competition show developed for Netflix. It is also the first major music competition program to focus on hip hop music. Because Netflix is not subject to the same censorship regulations as normal broadcast television, competitors were not asked to censor profanity in their lyrics.
- Cardi B, an American rapper, singer, songwriter, actress and television personality
- Chance the Rapper, an American rapper, singer, songwriter, actor and activist
- T.I., an American rapper, record producer, songwriter, actor, record executive and entrepreneur
|Flawless Real Talk||Runner-Up|
|Londynn B||Third Place|
|Sam Be Yourself||6th|
The first four episodes of Rhythm + Flow were released on October 9, 2019, on Netflix. Three more episodes were released on October 16. The final three were released on October 23. In most Netflix series, all episodes of a season are released at once. Rhythm + Flow uses a more staggered release schedule to approximate the format of a traditional music competition show and build anticipation before the winner is announced.
|No.||Title||Guest judges||Original release date |
|1||"Los Angeles Auditions"||Snoop Dogg, Anderson Paak||October 9, 2019|
|2||"New York Auditions"||Fat Joe, Jadakiss||October 9, 2019|
|3||"Atlanta Auditions"||Killer Mike, Quavo, Big Boi||October 9, 2019|
|4||"Chicago Auditions"||Twista, Royce da 5'9", Lupe Fiasco||October 9, 2019|
|5||"Cyphers"||None||October 16, 2019|
|6||"Rap Battles"||Smack||October 16, 2019|
|7||"Music Videos"||None||October 16, 2019|
|8||"Samples"||DJ Khaled||October 23, 2019|
|9||"Collaborations"||Miguel (singer), Ty Dolla $ign, Jhene Aiko, Tory Lanez, Teyana Taylor||October 23, 2019|
|10||"Finale"||Hit-Boy, Tay Keith, London On Da Track, Sounwave||October 23, 2019|
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (October 9, 2019). "Netflix Experiments in Music Competition Genre With Cardi B's 'Rhythm + Flow'". Variety. Retrieved October 15, 2019.
- Berman, Judy (October 7, 2019). "Forget The Masked Singer. Netflix's Rhythm + Flow Is the Best Music Competition Show in Years". Time. Retrieved October 9, 2019.
- Robinson, Joshua (October 8, 2019). "Netflix's New Hip-Hop Series 'Rhythm + Flow' Wants to Find the Best New Rappers in America". Thrillist. Retrieved October 9, 2019.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth; Aswad, Jem (October 10, 2019). "Unlike Many Music Competitions, 'Rhythm + Flow' Contestants Aren't Required to Sign Contracts". Variety. Retrieved October 15, 2019.
- "Rhythm + Flow – Listings". The Futon Critic. Retrieved October 9, 2019.