This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012)
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Past members||Steve Barri|
Rhythm Heritage was a 1970s American disco-funk band, best known for their 1976 US number one single "Theme from S.W.A.T.". It sold over one million copies and was awarded a gold disc by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) in February 1976. They also recorded theme music for several other ABC television shows, including "Keep Your Eye on the Sparrow," also from 1976, from Baretta (sung by Sammy Davis Jr.).
Rhythm Heritage was formed in 1975 by producer Steve Barri and session keyboardist Michael Omartian, and included bassist Scott Edwards and drummer Ed Greene. Other musicians who played on some of their recordings included Ben Benay, Victor Feldman, Jay Graydon, James Jamerson, Ray Parker Jr., Dean Parks, and Bob Walden.
- 1976 - Disco-fied
- 1977 - Last Night on Earth - AUS number 97
- 1978 - Sky's the Limit
- 1979 - Disco Derby
- 1975 - "Theme from S.W.A.T." (US #1, Canada #1)
- 1976 - "Baretta's Theme (Keep Your Eye on the Sparrow)" (US #20, Canada #15)
- 1977 - "Theme from Rocky (Gonna Fly Now)" (US #94, Canada #92)
- Colin Larkin, ed. (1992). The Guinness Encyclopedia of Popular Music (First ed.). Guinness Publishing. p. 2080. ISBN 0-85112-939-0.
- Murrells, Joseph (1978). The Book of Golden Discs (2nd ed.). London: Barrie and Jenkins Ltd. p. 363. ISBN 0-214-20512-6.
- Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970–1992 (illustrated ed.). St Ives, N.S.W.: Australian Chart Book. p. 250. ISBN 0-646-11917-6.