Ria Money Transfer
|Industry||Financial Services, Electronic funds transfer|
President and CEO
Number of employees
|2000 (approx) (2013)|
Ria Money Transfer is a money transfer company providing money remittances. Ria, a subsidiary of Euronet Worldwide, Inc., is headquartered in Buena Park, California, with regional offices in Madrid, London, Kuala Lumpur, Dakar, among others.
The company opened its first store in 1987 and has since grown to become the third largest money transfer service in the world. Ria currently serves customers in 160 countries through more than 400,000 locations worldwide.
Ria began working with post offices in 2010 and on July 31, 2014, partnered with Postbank, which is owned by the Kenyan Government. This allowed customers to send money through any of the bank's 99 branches, or receive it directly into their accounts. The company continues to expand its postal partnerships to reach more underbanked and underserved customers in hard to reach places.
In 2014, the company launched Walmart-2-Walmart Powered by Ria, a Walmart money transfer service within the US. The service allows customers to transfer money to and from more than 4,600 stores at competitive prices. In March 2015, Walmart-2-Walmart Powered by Ria received the "Best Cash Innovation" Gold Award at the PYMNTS.com Innovator Awards.
Ria Money Transfer provides online money transfer services for five sending countries, which are the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, and Spain, as well as 160 receiving countries.
Sending countries with physical locations as well as online sending options:
- United States
- United Kingdom
Sending countries with physical locations, but without online sending options:
- New Zealand
- Peterson, Eric (30 September 2013). "Confluence: Ria Digital growing in CBD with startup-like business unit". Retrieved 21 August 2019.
- "Emirates 24-7:UAE's Instant Cash ties up with Ria Money Transfer of US". Retrieved 4 Nov 2014.
- "Mobile Remittance Service Market Size and Growth Factors Research and Projection 2029: Western Union (WU), Ria Financial Services, PayPal/Xoom, TransferWise, WorldRemit, MoneyGram, Remitly, and others". The Courier. Retrieved 2021-01-06.
- Monday, Eric Peterson |; September 30; 2013. "Ria Digital growing in CBD with startup-like business unit". Confluence. Retrieved 2021-01-06.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "Ria Money Transfer Service: About". Retrieved 4 Nov 2014.
- "Euronet - Euronet Worldwide Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". ir.euronetworldwide.com. Retrieved 2016-12-21.
- "Ria Money Transfer and Postbank Kenya sign deal to boost remittance flows". Retrieved 4 Nov 2014.
- "Ria adds more Post partnerships to reach underbanked". Ria Blog. 2016-06-28. Retrieved 2016-12-21.
- "Walmart 2 Walmart Money Transfer Powered by Ria". Retrieved 4 Nov 2014.
- "Our Locations". corporate.walmart.com. Retrieved 2016-12-21.
- "CNBC: Wal-Mart launching money transfer service". Retrieved 5 Nov 2014.
- "Walmart-2-Walmart Powered by Ria wins prestigious Cash Innovation Award". Ria Blog. 2015-04-07. Retrieved 2016-12-21.
- "Ria partners with Walmart Chile to offer competitive money transfer services". Ria Blog. 2016-08-10. Retrieved 2016-12-21.
- "List of countries". Ria Money Transfer. Retrieved 10 Oct 2019.