Bucher in 2008.
|Born||Richard Mathias Bucher
1961 (age 54–55)
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
|Education||Dartmouth College, '83
Richard Mathias "Ric" Bucher (born 1961) is a SiriusXM radio host, mornings (7-10 am PT/10am-1pm ET) on the Bleacher Report Channel and Mondays on NBA Radio (2-4pm PT/5-7pm ET). He also signed a multi-year deal with BleacherReport.com in September 2014 to serve as a senior writer and NBA video analyst. He also appears occasionally on NBA TV as an NBA analyst and on TNT as a sideline reporter for NBA game telecasts. Bucher previously worked as an NBA Insider for Comcast SportsNet Bay Area and also co-hosted Bucher, Towny and Huff mornings on 95.7 The Game. Bucher was formerly an NBA analyst for ESPN and ESPN.com. He was also a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine and a columnist for ESPN.com.
Born in Cincinnati, Ohio, Bucher is a 1983 graduate of Dartmouth College, where he played four years on the varsity soccer team. Bucher has covered the NBA since 1992-93, and has been a professional writer for 26 years. He was a beat writer for the San Jose Mercury News and The Washington Post before joining ESPN.
- "CSN Bay Area hires Ric Bucher to be their 'NBA Insider'". www.bayareasportsguy.com. Retrieved November 1, 2012.
- "The Game Signs ESPN's Ric Bucher". Retrieved September 1, 2012.
- "ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher Chat Transcript". NBA.com. June 1, 2005. Retrieved January 15, 2010.
- "Hustle & Flow". SF Weekly. March 8, 2006. Retrieved January 15, 2010.
- Martzke, Rudy; Cherner, Reid (August 17, 2004). "After 25 years, ESPN still channels how to view sports". USA Today. Retrieved 15 January 2010.