Ric Roman Waugh
Ric Roman Waugh
|Occupation||Director, actor, stunt performer|
Ric Roman Waugh (born 20 February 1968) is an American director, actor, and stunt performer. He is known for his work in Felon (2008), Snitch (2013) and Shot Caller (2017). He is set to direct Angel Has Fallen, a third installment in the Has Fallen film series, which is due for release in 2019.
He worked as a stunt performer in the 1980s and 1990s, having appear in several films such as Universal Soldier, The Last of the Mohicans, Last Action Hero, Hard Target, The Crow, Gone in 60 Seconds, and The One.
Roman Waugh's first directorial film is In the Shadows, which stars James Caan, Matthew Modine, and Cuba Gooding Jr.. He then later direct Felon (2008), which stars Val Kilmer. Waugh worked with actor Dwayne Johnson in Snitch (2013). Waugh was also in talks to direct the disaster film Deepwater Horizon back in 2012, before changing in the film's development process. Waugh will direct the third installment in the Has Fallen film series, titled Angel Has Fallen, which is set to be released in 2019. Beside working as a director, he also worked as an one-time actor, having appear in Kuffs (1992), starring Christian Slater and Milla Jovovich.
- Exit (1996) (credited as Alan Smithee)
- In the Shadows (2001, also writer)
- Felon (2008, also writer)
- Snitch (2013, also writer)
- That Which I Love Destroys Me (2015) (Documentary)
- Shot Caller (2017, also writer, producer)
- Angel Has Fallen (2019)
- "'Shot Caller' Director on Getting His Movie to Theaters: 'This Was One Massive F—ing Boulder'". August 17, 2017.
- "On the Inside: To Make His Feature Shot Caller, Ric Roman Waugh Learned How to Shoot in a Real-Life Prison". August 15, 2017.
- Fleming Jr, Mike (July 24, 2012). "Summit, Participant Tap Ric Roman Waugh To Helm 'Deepwater Horizon' Oil Rig Disaster". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved September 21, 2014.
- "Ric Roman Waugh On To Direct Angel Has Fallen". July 25, 2017.