|Full name||Ricardo Cabanas-Rey|
|Date of birth||17 January 1979|
|Place of birth||Zürich, Switzerland|
|Height||2.03 m (6 ft 8 in)|
|1986–1992||SCI Juventus Zürich|
|1992–1997||Grasshopper Club Zürich|
|1997–2006||Grasshopper Club Zürich||198||(42)|
|2003–2004||→ Guingamp (loan)||17||(0)|
|2006–2007||1. FC Köln||41||(2)|
|2007–2012||Grasshopper Club Zürich||86||(20)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 28 January 2012.
Cabanas started his career with Grasshoppers Zürich and played there for several seasons, winning two league titles, before moving to Cologne. During this period, he also enjoyed a loan spell at Guingamp.
In June 2007, 1. FC Köln announced that Cabanas was to return to his previous club, Grasshoppers Zürich for an undisclosed fee.
Cabanas is a member of the Switzerland national team and was called up to the squad which participated in the 2006 World Cup and the Euro 2008. At the 2006 FIFA World Cup he missed a spot-kick during his side's penalty shootout against Ukraine, who emerged victorious. Cabanas has also played for the (non-official) Galicia national team against Iran and against Uruguay.
His father, also called Ricardo Cabanas, played for Bellinzona, and for SC Kriens in the 1980–81 season. His brother, Christian Cabanas Rey, also briefly played in the professional league. His cousin, Raúl Cabanas, played with Ricardo at Grasshoppers.
He has two children with his wife Deby.
- "Ricardo Cabanas". ZeroZeroFootball. Retrieved 24 December 2009.
- "Ricardo Cabanas: Official Website". Retrieved 24 December 2009.
- "Ricardo Cabanas". BBC Sport. 25 May 2005. Retrieved 10 September 2009.
- Ricardo Cabanas – FIFA competition record
- "Zurück zu den Wurzeln" (in German). Blick.ch. 28 December 2008. Retrieved 24 December 2009.
- "Un gallego con una Suiza de Calidad." (in Spanish). elcorreogallego.es. 5 June 2006. Retrieved 24 December 2009.
- "Ricardo Cabanas: The Rocky Road to Soccer Stardom". credit-suisse.com. 9 May 2006. Retrieved 13 February 2011.
- "Cabanas wurde zum zweiten Mal Vater" (in German). bluewin.ch. Archived from the original on 13 August 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ricardo Cabanas.|