|Full name||Ricardo Goulart Pereira|
|Date of birth||5 June 1991|
|Place of birth||São José dos Campos, Brazil|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
|2011||→ Internacional (loan)||10||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13 April 2018
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 9 September 2014
Ricardo Goulart Pereira or simply Ricardo Goulart (Brazilian Portuguese: [ʁiˈkaʁdu ɡuˈlaʁ]; born 5 June 1991), is a Brazilian footballer who plays for Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao in the Chinese Super League as an attacking midfielder.
Goulart started his career with Brazilian club Santo André with 2008 and stayed there till 2011, when he was loaned to Internacional. He played the 2012 season Goiás in the second tier, before joining Cruzeiro the following year. Here he cemented a place in the first team, and during his two-year stint, he made a total of 99 appearances and scored 34 times. He won the 2014 Brasileiro with the club. His personal awards include the 2014 Bola de Ouro, besides featuring in the team of the season. In 2015, he entered Asian football by signing for Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande, where he won the Chinese Super League and AFC Champions League in his first season.
Goulart kicked off his career with Santo André in 2008. In the following year, he was the top scorer of São Paulo Junior Football Cup, scoring three goals. He was then promoted to the first team, but the club ended the season being relegated from the first tier. He made his debut against Corinthians on 30 July 2009. In that match, he came as a 68th-minute substitute for Osny Almeida. He scored his only goal in the season against Grêmio.
In January 2013, Goulart signed for Cruzeiro. He made his Serie A debut against his former club Goiás. He played 33 times for the club, starting in 28, as he ended his first season with his new club scoring 10 league goals. He was then targeted by French club Monaco which was turned down by his club. The following season, Goulart scored 4 goals for the club in Copa Libertadores. This included a hat-trick against Chilean club Universidad Chile, where he found the net in the 34th, 43rd and 85th minute. He remained an important part of the team, as he played 26 matches, and starting in all but one. He started his goal scoring against Coritiba, scoring regulalarly as he ended the season with 15 league goals. Goulart along with Everton Ribeiro scored a goal each in the last match of the season against Goias, as Cruzeiro won the 2014 Brasileiro. He was also included in the team of the season. Besides, he also won the Bola de Ouro award.
In early January 2015, Goulart was linked to a move away from Cruzeiro to China and Mexico. On 13 January, he ultimately signed for Chinese Super League club Guangzhou Evergrande for € 15 million, on a four-year contract. He was issued the no 11 jersey. It was the highest transfer fee paid by a Chinese club. He made his debut against Shandong Luneng in Chinese Super Cup in which his club lost by penalties. In that match, he came as 74th-minute substitute for Renê Júnior. He scored his first goal for his club in a AFC Champions League match against FC Seoul. He then scored a hat-trick in the same competition, against the defending champions Western Sydney Wanderers. For his performance he was praised by manager Fabio Cannavaro who said "Goulart is undoubtedly a great player. As an individual player or as a team player he is helping us significantly". Goulart's goal scoring form continued, as he again found the net by scoring a brace against Japanese club Kashima Antlers.
On 22 February 2016, Goulart extended his contract with Guangzhou Evergrande to 31 January 2020.
On 19 August 2014, Ricardo Goulart was called up to the Brazilian national team for two matches against Colombia and Ecuador by new manager Dunga. He was an unused substitute against Colombia. He made his official debut for Brazil on 9 September 2014 in a 1–0 victory against Ecuador.
|Santo André||2009||Série A||14||1||0||0||—||12[a]||4||26||5|
|Internacional (loan)||2011||Série A||10||1||0||0||1[b]||0||7[c]||4||18||5|
|Guangzhou Evergrande||2015||Chinese Super League||27||19||0||0||14[f]||8||4[g]||0||45||27|
|2016||Chinese Super League||29||19||7||4||6[f]||3||1[g]||2||43||28|
|2017||Chinese Super League||29||20||1||0||10[f]||7||1[g]||0||41||27|
|2018||Chinese Super League||6||4||0||0||6[f]||5||1[g]||1||13||10|
Style of play
A versatile, tenacious, and physically strong attacking midfielder, with an eye for goal, Goulart is also capable of playing as a forward, through the centre, or as a winger, on either flank. He is known in particular for his powerful ball striking, and his ability to make attacking runs into the area. While playing for Cruzeiro in a friendly against MLS side Chivas USA, he scored a goal from his own half. After Cruzeiro won the 2014 Brasileiro, Yahoo Sports described him as a player with "enough talent" in an "increasingly mediocre and boring" league.
- AFC Champions League: 2015
- Chinese Super League: 2015, 2016, 2017
- Chinese FA Cup: 2016
- Chinese FA Super Cup: 2016, 2017, 2018
- Bola de Ouro: 2014
- Bola de Prata: 2014
- Campeonato Brasileiro Série A Team of the Year: 2014
- Chinese Football Association Footballer of the Year: 2015, 2016
- Chinese Super League Team of the Year: 2015, 2016, 2017
- AFC Champions League Top Scorer: 2015
- AFC Champions League Most Valuable Player: 2015
- AFC Foreign Player of the Year: 2015
- Chinese FA Super Cup Most Valuable player: 2016
- Chinese Super League Golden Boot winner: 2016
- "Santo André descarta meia Ricardo Goulart" (in Portuguese). Esportes. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "Soccerway profile". Soccerway. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "Corinthians vs Santo Andre". Soccerway. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "Gremio vs Santo Andre". Soccerway. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "Santo Andre negocia meia Ricardo Goulart com o Inter". Esportes. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "Internacional vs Figueirense". Soccerway. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "Goiás announces more reinforcements and half hires former Vila Nova". Esportes. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "Ipatinga vs Goias". Soccerway. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "Goias vs Guaratingueta". Soccerway. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "Cruzeiro oficializa contratação de Lucca, Ricardo Goulart e Nirley". Globe Esporte. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "Saiba qual clube Europeu tentou tirar Ricardo Goulart do Cruzeiro". Nacaradogol. Retrieved 26 March 2015.
- "Copa Libertadores scorers 2014". Soccerway. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "Cruzeiro vs Unicersidad Chile". Soccerway. Retrieved 26 March 2015.
- "Cruzeiro win second successive Brazilian title". Mirror. Retrieved 26 March 2015.
- "Everton Ribeiro é eleito o melhor do Brasileirão; veja a seleção de 2014". Esporte. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "Bola de Ouro, Goulart comemora: 'Vai ficar marcado na vida inteira'". ESPN. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "Cruzeiro recebe proposta por Ricardo Goulart e jogador pode estar de saída para China". Itatiaia. Retrieved 26 March 2015.
- "高拉特（Goulart）正式加盟广州队". Guangzhou Evergrande. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "Brazil's Ricardo Goulart signs for Guangzhou". Yahoo. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "Guangzhou vs Shangdong". Soccerway. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "Guangzhou Evergrande 1 - 0 FC Seoul". The AFC. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "Western Sydney Wanderers 2 - 3 Guangzhou Evergrande". The AFC. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "Guangzhou getting great value from Goulart says gleeful gaffer". The AFC. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "Ricardo Goulart inspirational for Guangzhou Evergrande in AFC Champions League". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "广州恒大淘宝足球俱乐部官方宣布与巴西外援高拉特正式续约". Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao F.C. Retrieved 22 February 2016.
- Dunga Announces First Brazil Squad Since Taking Over as Manager
- "Brazil vs Colombia". Soccerway. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "Goulart eyes Copa America showdown with 'genius' Messi". Goal. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "高拉特". sodasoccer (in Chinese). Retrieved 2018-04-18.
- James Young (21 January 2015). "Why are so many Brazilian players heading to the Chinese Super League?". ESPN FC. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- Aswin Sankar (12 January 2016). "Ricardo Goulart says Dunga will more closely follow the Brazilians in China". Samba Foot. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- Antonio Guerra (25 November 2014). "Tuttosport - Ribeiro e Goulart, gioielli del Cruzeiro seguiti dalla Juventus. Classe '89 e '91, Marotta ha in agenda i nomi dei due esterni brasiliani da pochi giorni campioni del Brasile" (in Italian). Tutto Juve. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- Tiago Leme (19 August 2014). "Driblador, homem-surpresa e xerifão: Dunga destaca qualidades de trio de novatos" (in Portuguese). ESPN. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Ricardo Goulart scores wondergoal from his own half in Cruzeiro win". Give Me Sport. Retrieved 26 March 2015.
- "O que Ricardo Goulart diz sobre o Cruzeiro bicampeão" (in Portuguese). Yahoo. Retrieved 26 March 2015.
- "Por trás dos artilheiros campeões do Cruzeiro há três 'cracaças' dignas de troféu". globo.com (in Portuguese). Globo Extra. 24 November 2014. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- "Jogou com Beckham e conheceu Obama: Irmão de R. Goulart quer defender EUA". Esporte. Retrieved 26 March 2015.
- "Éverton Ribeiro leva o bi no Craque do Brasileirão; veja lista de premiados" (in Portuguese). sportv.com. December 1, 2014. Retrieved December 1, 2014.