Ricardo Jerez Jr.
|Full name||Ricardo Antonio Jérez Figueroa|
|Date of birth||4 February 1986|
|Place of birth||Guatemala City, Guatemala|
|Height||1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 25 October 2014.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 30 June 2014
Ricardo Antonio Jérez Figueroa (born 4 February 1986) is a Guatemalan football goalkeeper who plays for Alianza Petrolera of the Colombian top division, and is also a member of the Guatemalan national team.
On early August 2008, he was sent to Uruguay to participate in some tests with Peñarol, which he failed but he was able to stay in the country to play for Rentistas team which competed in the Uruguayan Segunda División. He made his debut on 13 September against local rivals Cerrito, match which his team lost 2-1, but he was able to save a penalty shot by Richard Requelme and was named man of the match. Later, in the third round of the tournament, he saved again a penalty now against Boston River.
Back to Guatemala (2009-2010)
Later, Jerez returned to Guatemala where he played for USAC in a campaign that saw them suffer relegation.
Deportivo Marquense (2011-2012)
He then was signed by Deportivo Marquense in mid-2011, where between the playoffs of the 2011 Apertura and the 2012 Clausura tournament has set a new CONCACAF club record with 941 consecutive minutes without allowing a goal, a streak put to an end by Eliseo Quintanilla of Municipal.
Alianza Petrolera (2013-present)
Jerez joined Alianza Petrolera in January 2013, at the time being the only non-domestic player in the squad. He recorded a clean sheet in his first league match in Colombia, in a 1-0 win against La Equidad on 8 January 2013. Throughout his time at the club, he has been regarded as an important figure in the team's success. On October 2013, the club announced the extension of Jerez's contract, which would end after the 2016 season. He's the first player to have played at least 100 games in the top division with the club.
Jerez made his debut for Guatemala in a January 2006 friendly match against the United States. He has represented his country in 2 FIFA World Cup qualification processes and at the UNCAF Nations Cup 2009.
- Ricardo Edgar Jerez – FIFA competition record
- Ricardo Jerez, a prueba a Uruguay - Seleccion de Guatemala (Spanish)
- Ricardo Jérez Debuto Rentistas uy - Seleccion de Guatemala (Spanish)
- Jerez llega a Jalapa; Edín López y Paulo Motta dicen adiós - Prensa Libre (Spanish)
- Ricardo Jerez, nuevo refuerzo de Comunicaciones - LaRed (Spanish)
- "Ricardo Jerez llega a 941 minutos sin recibir anotación, nuevo record nacional y centroamericano | Radio Emisoras Unidas - en línea desde Guatemala". Noticias.emisorasunidas.com. 2012-02-19. Retrieved 2013-04-28.
- "Alianza Petrolera". Ligapostobon.com.co. Retrieved 2013-04-28.
- UNCAF (Qualifying Tournament for Gold Cup) 2009 - Details Archived 5 November 2013 at the Wayback Machine. - RSSSF