|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||313.436 g/mol|
|3D model (JSmol)|
|(what is this?)|
Ricasetron (BRL-46470) is a drug which acts as a selective antagonist at the serotonin 5-HT3 receptor. It has antiemetic effects as with other 5-HT3 antagonists, and also has anxiolytic effects significantly stronger than other related drugs, and with less side effects than benzodiazepine anxiolytics. However, it has never been developed for medical use.
- Newberry NR, Watkins CJ, Sprosen TS, Blackburn TP, Grahame-Smith DG, Leslie RA (August 1993). "BRL 46470 potently antagonizes neural responses activated by 5-HT3 receptors". Neuropharmacology. 32 (8): 729–35. doi:10.1016/0028-3908(93)90180-B. PMID 8413836.
- Bermudez J, Sanger GJ (June 1994). "Prolonged anti-emetic activity and 5-HT3-receptor antagonism by BRL 46470 in conscious ferrets". The Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 46 (6): 520–1. doi:10.1111/j.2042-7158.1994.tb03843.x. PMID 7932054.
- Blackburn TP, Baxter GS, Kennett GA, King FD, Piper DC, Sanger GJ, Thomas DR, Upton N, Wood MD (1993). "BRL 46470A: a highly potent, selective and long acting 5-HT3 receptor antagonist with anxiolytic-like properties". Psychopharmacology. 110 (3): 257–64. doi:10.1007/BF02251279. PMID 7831418.
- Link CG, Leigh TJ, Dennison JK (April 1993). "The effects of BRL 46470A, a novel 5-HT3 receptor antagonist, and lorazepam on psychometric performance and the EEG". British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. 35 (4): 395–9. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2125.1993.tb04156.x. PMC . PMID 8485019.
- de Souza Silva M, Guimarães FS, Graeff FG, Tomaz C (December 1993). "Absence of amnestic effect of an anxiolytic 5-HT3 antagonist (BRL 46470A) injected into basolateral amygdala, as opposed to diazepam". Behavioural Brain Research. 59 (1-2): 141–5. doi:10.1016/0166-4328(93)90160-R. PMID 8155281.
|This drug article relating to the nervous system is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|