|Date of birth||26 November 1987|
|Place of birth||Naples, Italy|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2007–2008||→ Ascoli (loan)||20||(1)|
|2008–2009||→ Bari (loan)||0||(0)|
|2009||→ Lumezzane (loan)||13||(2)|
|2009–2010||→ Arezzo (loan)||31||(12)|
|2012–2013||→ Ternana (loan)||18||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2 September 2015.
Juventus and loans
Maniero began his youth career with Jueventus  and was promoted to the Primavera reserve team in 2005. As a player of the under-20 team, Maniero also received some call ups by Didier Deschamps for the senior side in various Coppa Italia and Serie B matches, specifically in matches against AlbinoLeffe, Lecce, and Genoa, appearing as an unused substitute on the bench. This was the season when Juventus were relegated to the second division for the first time in their history following the Calciopoli scandal, and Maniero was eventually part of the team that led Juventus back to Serie A that year.
In June 2007, Maniero was not part of Claudio Ranieri's first team plans and so, he was loaned out to Ascoli, together with fellow Juventus youth player Andrea Luci. With Ascoli, Maniero managed a single goal in 21 league appearances, and following his loan stint with Ascoli, he was again loaned out to another Serie B club Bari, along with fellow Juventus loanees Davide Lanzafame, Raffaele Bianco, and Rej Volpato. While Lanzafame and Bianco established themselves well with the club, Maniero failed to settle and gain regular action, as the attacker made zero official appearances in six months with the biancorossi.
Following his disappointing spell with Bari, Maniero was sub-loaned out to Italian third division side, Lumezzane. During his loan period with Lumezzane, Maniero made his first 13 league appearances, and he also scored 2 goals.
In July 2009, another third division club Arezzo officially announced the engagement of Maniero. Maniero had a successful season with the Lega Pro Prima Divisione side, establishing himself as a starter and scoring 12 goals in 31 league appearances.
In August 2010 Maniero joined Pescara ahead of the 2010–11 Serie B campaign in co-ownership deal, for €450,000. Co-currently Juventus signed Luca Del Papa from Pescara also in co-ownership deal for €300,000. On the same day Pescara signed Raffaele Alcibiade in temporary deal from Juve. Maniero, however, failed to score regularly in Serie B. On 31 August 2012 he left for Serie B newcomer Ternana after Maniero was excluded from Pescara's Serie A plan. Ternana also got midfielder Antonino Ragusa and defender Riccardo Brosco from Pescara on the same day.
On 14 January 2015 he was signed by Calcio Catania. He wore no.7 shirt for his new team, vacated by Marcelinho. Catania was expelled (relegated) from 2015–16 Serie B due to a match-fixing scandal.
- Fullsoccer (Italian)
- "Luci e Maniero bianconeri" (in Italian). Ascoli Calcio 1898. 26 June 2007. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- "Preso il terzino sinistro Bonomi" (in Italian). AS Bari. 28 June 2008. Archived from the original on 27 October 2010. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- "Maric e Maniero in uscita" (in Italian). AS Bari. 18 January 2009. Archived from the original on 20 November 2010. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- "Arezzo: i primi sette colpi" (in Italian). tuttomercatoweb.com. 10 July 2009. Retrieved 10 July 2009.
- Delfino Pescara 1936 Srl bilancio (financial report and accounts) on 30 June 2011 (in Italian), PDF purchased in Italian CCIAA
- "Speciale calciomercato: chiusura" (in Italian). Delfino Pescara 1936. 31 August 2012. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- "Co-ownership agreement summary". Juventus FC. 19 June 2013. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- Delfino Pescara 1936 S.r.l. bilancio (financial report and accounts) on 30 June 2013 (Italian), PDF purchased from Italian CCIAA
- "Riccardo Maniero dal Pescara al Catania a titolo definitivo" (in Italian). Calcio Cataina. 14 January 2015. Retrieved 15 January 2015.
- "Virtus Lanciano-Catania: 21 rossazzurri a disposizione di mister Marcolin" (in Italian). Calcio Cataina. 16 January 2015. Retrieved 16 January 2015.
- "Riccardo Maniero dal Catania al Bari: cessione a titolo definitivo" (in Italian). Calcio Catania. 31 August 2015. Retrieved 7 November 2015.