After meeting Ilona Staller, both acted as hosts of the radio show Voulez-vous coucher avec moi? featuring discussions about sex, with live calls from the audience. Staller was renamed "Cicciolina".
Moana Pozzi was another source of popularity for Schicchi; Pozzi was the face of Schicchi's "Partito dell'Amore" (Love Party), a parody of Italian political parties: in 1990, Love Party was unable to cross over the minimum limit for admission into the lowest Chamber, yet it still amassed a significant number of preferences for Pozzi.
Eva Henger was also discovered by Schicchi and later became his wife in 1994. The couple had two children, Mercedes (1991) and Riccardino (1995), before parting. Henger currently has another relationship, yet the couple never officially divorced.
Schicchi was ailed with Diabetes mellitus type 2, that led to his hospitalization in 2012 for diabetic coma, assisted by Henger. The disease also impaired his vision and cause renal insufficiency Schicchi died in San Pietro Hospital, Rome.
- "Morto Riccardo Schicchi il re del porno italiano". Corriere della Sera. 9 December 2012. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- Katia Riccardi (9 December 2012). "Morto Schicchi, re dell'hard italiano: portò al successo Moana e la Staller". La Repubblica. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- "E' morto il re del porno Riccardo Schicchi". Tiscali Notizie. 9 December 2012. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- Condannati Schicchi e Eva Henger "Sfruttamento della prostituzione" (in Italian)
- Riccardo Schicchi è uscito dal coma. Il re del porno soffre di diabete (in Italian)
|This article about an Italian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|