This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ricco Ross 2016
April 16, 1958 |
Chicago, Illinois, United States
|Education||Florida Atlantic University|
|Alma mater||University of California, Los Angeles|
|Children||Rami and Aisha|
|Parent(s)||Clarence and Christine Ross|
Ricco Ross (born April 16, 1958) is an American actor.
Life and career
Born at Cook County Hospital in Chicago, Illinois, he is the fifth of eight children, and in addition has three step sisters and another brother from his father's first marriage. He first acted in a high school production, majored in theater at a local community college, and entered Florida Atlantic University (FAU), where he was awarded a BA in Theater. He earned a scholarship to UCLA, where his career started to develop.
Ross' first television role was as an extra on The Young and the Restless, which was followed by a small part in Hill Street Blues. He later played Private Ricco Frost in the film Aliens (1986), and also appeared in the films Death Wish 3 (1985), Spies Like Us (1985), The Dirty Dozen: Next Mission (1985 TV film), "Displaced Person" (1985 episode of American Playhouse), Gulliver's Travels (1996), Mission Impossible (1996), Fierce Creatures (1997), Nate and the Colonel (2003) and Hydra (2009).
From the late 1980s to the early 1990s, he lived and worked in the United Kingdom, where he had guest appearances in Doctor Who (in the 1988 serial The Greatest Show in the Galaxy) and Jeeves and Wooster.
Ross now appears in various commercials, as well as TV shows aired throughout the United States.
Ricco Ross originally read for the part of Corporal Hicks. He was then offered the role of Private Drake, but he turned it down in favour of appearing in Full Metal Jacket. However, James Cameron was so impressed with Ross' audition that he wrote the character of Frost specifically for him, and as a result Ross left Kubrick's production to appear in Aliens. In a 2014 interview for the podcast "I Was There Too", Ross stated that Private Frost's first name is actually Robert.
- The Dirty Dozen: Next Mission (1985, TV Movie) - Arlen Dregors
- Death Wish 3 (1985) - The Cuban
- Spies Like Us (1985) - WAMP Guard
- Aliens (1986) - Private Frost
- Body Contact (1987) - Smiley
- Crusoe (1988) - 2nd Victim
- Slipstream (1989) - 1st Man at Table
- Hackers (1995) - Second Reporter
- Proteus (1995) - Buckley
- Mission: Impossible (1996) - Denied Area Security Guard
- Timelock (1996) - Tibuck
- Fierce Creatures (1997) - TV Journalist
- Wishmaster (1997) - Lt. Nathanson
- Nate and the Colonel (2003) - Nate Washington
- The Least Among You (2009) - Marvin Kelly
- Apocalypse According to Doris (2011) - Bauer
- Hayabusa: Harukanaru Kikan (2012) - Dr. Daniel Clark
- Everything That Rises Must Converge (2014)
- Hidden in the Woods (2014) - Ricco
- Story of Eva (2015) - Detective Grind
- Opening Night (2016) - Mr. Robertson
- Fat Camp (2017) - Fred
- The Sandman (2017) - Detective Price
|This article about a United States film actor or actress born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|