Rich As Fuck
|"Rich As Fuck"|
|Single by Lil Wayne featuring 2 Chainz|
|from the album I Am Not a Human Being II|
|Released||April 9, 2013|
|Lil Wayne singles chronology|
|2 Chainz singles chronology|
"Rich As Fuck" (edited for explicit album as "Rich As F**k" and for clean album as "Rich As F***") is a song by American hip hop recording artist Lil Wayne, sent to urban radio on April 9, 2013, as the fourth single from his tenth studio album, I Am Not a Human Being II (2013). The song, produced by T-Minus and Nikhil Seetharam, features a guest appearance from fellow rapper 2 Chainz. The song has since peaked at number 38 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and at number 11 on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs.
On January 6, 2013, the song "Rich As Fuck," featuring rapper 2 Chainz leaked unmastered and was originally set to be the second single from I Am Not a Human Being II, but "Love Me" was released as a single instead. On April 9, 2013, "Rich As Fuck" was released as the third and final single from the album. The official version of the song was remastered and the first and second verse were switched around, compared to the leaked version.
"Rich As Fuck" was met with generally positive reviews from music critics. David Jefferies called the song "a winner with an enticing and eerie beat from T-Minus." Jody Rosen of Rolling Stone praised Lil Wayne's lyricism on the song and his "nimble musicality of his vocal tone and flow." Dean Van Nguyen of PopMatters said the "creeping funk beat on "Rich As Fuck" inspire Wayne to one of his sharpest flows on the album." Jon Hadusek of Consequence of Sound said the song had an old-school feel, and called the song I Am Not a Human Being's "finest moment." Jon Caramanica of The New York Times called 2 Chainz appearance on the song impressive. Brandon Soderberg of Spin also praised 2 Chainz for having a "charismatic presence on the song." Jayson Greene of Pitchfork Media said the Bay Area-influenced clap instrumental of the song work around him, not with him.
Complex ranked "Rich As Fuck" number 18 on their list of the 50 best songs of 2013, saying "The song might not push the limits of art, but when this comes on at the right time, it's the jam, and unlike a lot of the other big hits of the year, it didn't get played out."
The music video was directed by Parris in early 2013, and was released on March 22, 2013 on MTV. The video was released on YouTube through his VEVO one day later, on March 23, 2013. The video is age-limited and need verification for viewing.
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,000,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
|United States||April 9, 2013||Urban radio||Young Money Entertainment, Cash Money Records|
- "Lil Wayne – Rich As Fuck (R.A.F) (Feat 2 Chainz)". Lilwaynehq.com. Retrieved 2013-03-24.
- "Urban/UAC Future Releases". All Access Music Group. Archived from the original on April 10, 2013. Retrieved April 11, 2013.
- "Lil Wayne Releases Official Version Of "Rich As Fuck" Feat. 2 Chainz, Pre-Order Album On iTunes". Lilwaynehq.com. Retrieved 2013-03-24.
- David Jeffries (2013-03-26). "I Am Not a Human Being II - Lil Wayne". AllMusic. Retrieved 2013-09-29.
- Jody Rosen (2013-03-22). "I Am Not a Human Being II | Album Reviews". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2013-09-29.
- Van, Dean. "Lil Wayne: I Am Not a Human Being II". PopMatters. Retrieved 2013-09-29.
- "Album Review: Lil Wayne – I Am Not a Human Being II". Consequence of Sound. 2013-04-01. Retrieved 2013-09-29.
- Caramanica, Jon (2013-03-24). "Still an Ecstatic Rebel Spirit, but Easing Up on Shock". Nytimes.com. The New York Times company. Retrieved 2013-12-04.
- Soderberg, Brandon (2013-03-26). "Lil Wayne, 'I Am Not a Human Being II' Review". Spin.com. Retrieved 2013-09-29.
- "Lil Wayne: I Am Not a Human Being II | Album Reviews". Pitchfork. 2013-03-29. Retrieved 2013-09-29.
- Ahmed, Insanul; et al. (2013-12-02). "The Best 50 Songs of 2013". Complex Music. Retrieved 2013-12-04.
- "Lil Wayne Premieres Priceless 'R.A.F.' Video: Watch Now! - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV.com. Retrieved 2013-03-24.
- "Rich As Fuck (Explicit) Official Music Video on YouTube". VEVO. Retrieved 2015-05-21.
- Lil Wayne feat. 2 Chainz - Rich As F*** (in Dutch). ultratop.be/nl. Retrieved January 2, 2014.
- "Lil Wayne Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved 2013-12-04.
- "Lil Wayne Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved 2013-12-04.
- "2013 Year End Charts — R&B/Hip-Hop Songs". Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved December 13, 2013.
- "2013 Year End Charts — Rap Songs". Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved December 13, 2013.
- "American single certifications – Lil Wayne – Rich As Fuck". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.