Rich Fountain, Missouri
Rich Fountain had its start in about 1839 when John Strumpf built a gristmill there. The community was named for a spring near the original town site. A post office called Rich Fountain was established in 1854, and remained in operation until 1972.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Rich Fountain
- Earngey, Bill (1995). Missouri Roadsides: The Traveler's Companion. University of Missouri Press. p. 94.
- "Post Offices". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- "Osage County Place Names, 1928–1945". The State Historical Society of Missouri. Archived from the original on June 24, 2016. Retrieved November 26, 2016.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
|This Osage County, Missouri state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|