Richa Sharma (actress)
|Born||6 August 1964|
|Died||10 December 1996 (aged 32)|
Sanjay Dutt (m. 1987–1996)
Richa Sharma (6 August 1964 – 10 December 1996) also known by her married name Richa Sharma Dutt was an Indian film actress known for her works in Bollywood. Richa married actor Sanjay Dutt in New York City, United States in 1987. The couple has a daughter, Trishala Dutt. Within two years of marriage, she was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Richa died at her parents' home in New York on 10 December 1996.
She came to visit Dev Anand at a film shoot wanting to be his next heroine but was too young. Dev promised her he would cast her once she grew older. He eventually gave her a break with Hum Naujawan in 1985. She went on to act in Anubhav and Insaaf Ki Awaaz the following year and in Sadak Chhap and Aag Hi Aag in 1987.
|1985||Hum Naujawan||Rashmi||Hindi||Debut film|
|1986||Insaaf Ki Awaaz||Hindi|
|1987||Aag Hi Aag||Tulsi Singh||Hindi|
- "Richa Sharma Dutt, 33, Film Actress". Indian Abroad. 20 December 1996. Archived from the original on 25 February 2016. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- "Last words of Sanjay Dutt's first wife Richa Sharma". India TV News. 2016-02-26.
- "HEARTBREAKING! Sanjay Dutt's Late Wife Richa Sharma Had Written This Letter Before DYING!". www.filmibeat.com. 2016-02-26.
- "Sanjay Dutt's personal life".
- "The Dev Anand Discovery Who Gave It up to Become Mrs Sanjay Dutt".