Richard "Skeets" Gallagher
- For the American basketball coach, see Richard F. Gallagher.
- For the Scottish boxer (born 1925), see Skeets Gallacher.
|Richard "Skeets" Gallagher|
Gallagher in 1944.
July 28, 1891|
Terre Haute, Indiana, U.S.
|Died||May 22, 1955
Santa Monica, California, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Irene Martin (divorced)
Pauline Mason (1929-1955) (his death) 2 children
He was born on July 28, 1891 in Terre Haute, Indiana.
Gallagher was educated at Rose Polytechnic Institute and Indiana University. He first studied civil engineering and then law, but ended up on the stage. He began his career by writing a one-act skit that he took to a local theatre group.
He was often billed as Skeets Gallagher on Broadway and in Hollywood. He appeared in Frank Capra's first feature film For the Love of Mike (1927), a silent film which is now considered a lost film, and several early sound films.
- The Potters (1927)
- For the Love of Mike (1927)
- The Racket (1928)
- Stocks and Blondes (1928)
- Close Harmony (1929)
- Pointed Heels (1929)
- Fast Company (1929)
- Paramount on Parade (1930)
- Let's Go Native (1930)
- Up Pops the Devil (1931)
- It Pays to Advertise (1931)
- The Stolen Jools (1931; short film)
- Possessed (1931)
- The Road to Reno (1931)
- The Phantom of Crestwood (1932)
- The Sport Parade (1932)
- Bird of Paradise (1932)
- Merrily We Go to Hell (1932)
- Too Much Harmony (1933)
- Alice in Wonderland (1933)
- The Meanest Gal in Town (1934)
- Riptide (1934)
- Bachelor Bait (1934)
- Polo Joe (1936)
- Hats Off (1936)
- Idiot's Delight (1939)
- Zis Boom Bah (1941)
- Brooklyn Orchid (1942)
- Three for Bedroom "C" (1952)
- "Skeets Gallagher, Comedian, Dies at 64. Vaudeville Headliner. Acted in Movies". New York Times. May 23, 1955. Retrieved 2013-12-23.
Mr. Gallagher, who had been retired for the last four years, suffered a heart attack ...
- Film Star: Who's Who on the Screen (1938), British Film Magazine
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Richard "Skeets" Gallagher.|
- Works by or about Richard "Skeets" Gallagher at Internet Archive
- Richard "Skeets" Gallagher on Internet Movie Database
- Richard "Skeets" Gallagher at the Internet Broadway Database
- Richard "Skeets" Gallagher at Find a Grave
|This article about a United States film actor or actress born in the 1890s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|