Richard (Dick) Talens
Richard (Dick) Talens
|Born||April 1, 1990|
|Occupation||Entrepreneurship, fitness coach|
|Known for||Fitocracy, Miss America 2013|
|Home town||New Orleans, Louisiana|
Richard (Dick) Talens is an entrepreneur and fitness coach. He is the founder of Fitocracy, an online game and social network with over 10 million users. According to The Economist, Richard came up with the idea of Fitocracy from his past as a geek who played MMORPGs. He was named one of the world's most influential people in health & fitness by Greatist in 2014.
Besides being an entrepreneur, Richard also speaks and writes about his experience as a fitness coach and a growth hacker.
Richard was Mallory Hagan's fitness coach on her road to becoming Miss America 2013. Richard is also a regular fitness contributor for popular outlets like Lifehacker and Thrillist and has spoken about his fitness experience through TEDx.
Richard also writes about his extensive experience scaling companies as a growth marketer.
Richard has been written about in various outlets and books for his prolific dating history. Lulu, listed him as one of the top 10 rated men of 2014 and Mashable has written about his ability to get to sex in 10 texts or less. This is further discussed in former Fox News Host Andrea Tantaros's book, Tied Up in Knots: How Getting What We Wanted Made Women Miserable.
- Adrianne Jeffries (September 16, 2011). "The Fitocrats: How Two Nerds Turned an Addiction to Videogames Into an Addiction to Fitness". New York Observer. Retrieved May 26, 2018.
- Jacque Wilson (October 14, 2011). "Why gamers are a great fit at the gym". CNN. Retrieved May 26, 2018.
- "Fitness for geeks and gamers". The Economist. 2012-06-02. ISSN 0013-0613. Retrieved 2019-10-06.
- "The 100 Most Influential People in Health and Fitness". Greatist. February 26, 2017. Retrieved May 26, 2018.
- "Newly-Crowned Miss America Mallory Hytes Hagan Shares Her Beauty and Fitness Secrets". Fitness. Retrieved May 26, 2018.
- "Introducing Vitals: a Lifehacker Blog All About Health and Fitness". Vitals. Retrieved 2019-10-06.
- "Dick Talens". Thrillist. Retrieved 2019-10-06.
- "How I Became a Fitness Guru". TEDx. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- "How to stop vanity marketing from killing your startup". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2019-10-06.
- Abrams, Margaret (2014-12-17). "Lulu App 2014 Roundup: The Best Guys". College Candy. Retrieved 2019-10-06.
- Stadtmiller, Mandy. "How long until sex? For millennials, try 10 texts or less". Mashable. Retrieved 2019-10-06.
- Tantaros, Andrea (2016). Tied Up in Knots: How Getting What We Wanted Made Women Miserable. Broadside Books. pp. 206–207. ISBN 0062351869.
- "Butter In Your Coffee and Other Cons: Stories From a Fitness Insider".