|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Battlestar Galactica character|
|Portrayed by||David Eick (MiniSeries)
Colm Feore (Series)
President Richard Adar is a fictional character in the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica, portrayed by Colm Feore. He was President of the Twelve Colonies before the Destruction of the Twelve Colonies by the Cylons. In the Miniseries, Adar was portrayed in a still picture in Doctor Gaius Baltar's house by producer David Eick in age-enhancing make-up.
In the 2003 version of Battlestar Galactica, President Richard Adar had just entered the last year of his second term as President of the Twelve Colonies of Kobol before the Cylon destruction of humanity. Before being elected President, he was a mayor. Many of his staff of his second administration (including Secretary of Education Laura Roslin) continued on from his first, and a few remained with him from his days as mayor. What little is known about his terms in office indicate that he favored authoritarian, hardline solutions to problems such as union strikes, and that at least one of these incidents led to numerous civilian deaths. Commander William Adama considered him "a moron". His status was unknown until near the end of the bombardment, when his death was announced to the Colonial Fleet.
- "Epiphanies". Battlestar Galactica (2004 TV series).
- "Miniseries, Parts 1 and 2". Battlestar Galactica (TV miniseries).
- "Bastille Day". Battlestar Galactica (2004 TV series).
- "Water". Battlestar Galactica (2004 TV series).
- "Home". Battlestar Galactica (2004 TV series).
- According to a December 2005 interview with Mary McDonnell in TV Guide, President Adar was married when she was having her romance with him.
|This article about a character from a science fiction book, story, film, or game is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.