This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification, as its only attribution is to IMDb. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Richard Henry Beale|
13 May 1920|
Hackney, London, England
27 March 2017 (aged 96)|
Richard Henry Beale (13 May 1920 – 27 March 2017) was a British actor. He had a long career in television, stage and film, dating back to the 1950s.
Born in Hackney, London, England, Beale was the son of Henry and Constance Beale. He served as a Lieutenant in the Royal Navy during the Second World War. He worked 10 years at his father's printing business before he ventured into acting.
His wife, whom he divorced, was named Anne. They had two children.
He died 27 March 2017 at the age of 96.
- The Battle of the River Plate (1956) - Capt. Pottinger (uncredited)
- A Night to Remember (1958) - Harbour Pilot (uncredited)
- Sink the Bismarck! (1960) - Petty Officer in Phone Montage (uncredited)
- Compact (1963-1964) - Detective Sergeant Birling
- The Caves of Steel (1964) - Controller
- Gideon's Way (1964) - Capt. Vanner
- Where Eagles Dare (1968) - Telephone Orderly (uncredited)
- Softly Softly (1970) - Harry
- War and Peace (1972) - Hetman
- Emmerdale Farm (1972) - Tober Moore
- Doctor Who (1966–1973) - Minister of Ecology / Broadcaster / Propaganda Seller (voice) / Bat Masterson / Refusian (voice)
- Z-Cars (1972–1974) - Bordman / Peters
- Special Branch (1974) - Commander Glover
- Dixon of Dock Green (1975) - Fred Gilbraithe
- Secret Army (1979) - Inspector Benet
- The Sandbaggers (1980)
- The Life and Times of David Lloyd George (1981) - Lord Kitchener
- Bergerac (1983) - Bank Manager
- Camille (1984) - Farmer
- C.A.T.S. Eyes (1985) - Prinley
- The Tripods (1985) - Ulf
- Return to Treasure Island (1986) - Captain Smollett
- A Handful of Dust (1988) - Ben
- The Bill (1988-1996) - Geoffrey Rowley / Walter Lepore / Tommy Reeves / Goodhall
- A Bit of a Do (1989) - Lester Griddle
- Treasure Island (1990) - Mr. Arrow
- Agatha Christie's Poirot (1990) - Merritt
- EastEnders (1990–1991) - Jackie Stone
- Hedd Wyn (1992) - Army Representative
- Lovejoy (1994) - Mervyn The Fisherman
- Food of Love (1997) - William
- Peak Practice (2002) - Julian Rankin
- All About Me (2002) - Local
- Casualty (2004) - Geoff Slavin
- Afterlife (2005) - Mr. Keyhoe
- Lentz, Harris III (August 2017). "Richard Beale, 96". Classic Images (506): 49.
- Hadoke, Toby (May 21, 2017). "Obituary - Richard Beale, actor who starred in EastEnders". The Herald. Archived from the original on 4 October 2017. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
|This article about a film and TV actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|