Richard Arnot Home Bett holds a joint appointment in Philosophy and Classics at the Johns Hopkins University. He received his BA from Oxford University and his PhD from UC Berkeley. He spent 1994-5 as a Fellow at the Center for Hellenic Studies, Washington, D.C. From January 2000 to June 2001 he was Acting Executive Director of the American Philosophical Association, and he was Secretary-Treasurer of its Eastern Division from 2003 to 2013.
- Pyrrho, His Antecedents and His Legacy, Oxford University Press, 2000, ISBN 978-0-19-825065-4
- The Cambridge Companion to Ancient Scepticism, Editor Richard Bett, Cambridge University Press, 2010, ISBN 978-0-521-69754-5
- “Aristocles on Timon on Pyrrho: The text, It's Logic and it's Credibility.”, in Oxford Studies in Ancient Philosophy 15/1994, p. 137-181.
- “Reactions to Aristotle in the Greek Sceptical Traditions”, Méthexis: Revista Internacional de Filosofia Antigua XII (1999), p. 17-34.
- “What does Pyrrhonism have to do with Pyrrho?”, in Ancient Skepticism and the Skeptical Tradition: Acta Philosophica Fennica 66 (2000), p. 11-33.
- “On the Pre-History of Pyrrhonism”, Proceedings of the Boston Area Colloquium in Ancient Philosophy 15 (2000), p. 137-166.
- “Nietzsche on the Skeptics and Nietzsche as Skeptic”, Archiv für Geschichte der Philosophie 82 (2000), p. 62-86.
- Against the Ethicists, Sextus Empiricus, Oxford University Press, 1997, ISBN 978-0-19-823620-7
- Against the Logicians, Sextus Empiricus, Cambridge University Press, 2005, ISBN 978-0-521-53195-5
- "Sextus Empiricus' Against the Physicists", Cambridge University Press, 2012, ISBN 052151391X, 9780521513913
- "Minutes of the 2004 Eastern Division Executive Committee Meeting", Richard Bett, Proceedings and Addresses of the American Philosophical Association, Vol. 79, No. 1 (Sep., 2005), pp. 143-145