Richard Bradshaw (puppeteer)
Richard Bradshaw is a one time Artistic Director of the Marionette Theatre of Australia. He is a shadow puppeteer who also writes for puppets. In 2005, he was commissioned by Terrapin Puppet Theatre to write The Storyteller's Shadow: a Celebration of Hans Christian Andersen which toured around Tasmania, to Denmark and to Singapore and Malaysia. Jim Henson, a fellow puppeteer, featured the work of Bradshaw as part of a six-part television series on puppetry. His shadow puppets were used for animations and stories on Play School.
- A Complete Book of Puppet Theatre by David Currell, p.50
- Performing Arts: A Guide to Practice and Appreciation by Michael Billington, p.160
- www.itsanhonour.gov.au Order of Australia listing – Richard Bradshaw OAM
Books and articles
- Benson, P.D., "Good Show, Super 'Roo", The Australian Women's Weekly, (Wednesday, 25 September 1974), p.113.
- Billington, Michael (1988). Performing Arts: A Guide To Practice And Appreciation. London: New Burlington Books. ISBN 1-85348-115-7.
- Bradshaw, R.,"Norman Hetherington 1921 – 2010 (Eulogy)", O.P.E.N., No.11, (December 2010), pp.2–4.
- Camens, J. "The Mysterious Potamus", The Australian Women's Weekly, (Wednesday, 17 January 1979), p.17.
- Carr, V., "The Actor in the Wings", The Australian Women's Weekly, (Wednesday, 26 February 1969), p.7.
- Currell, David (1985). A Complete Book of Puppet Theatre. London: A & C Black (Publishers) Ltd. ISBN 0-7136-2429-9.
- Guss, Naomi, "Australian puppetry – Richard Bradshaw", School of Puppetry, 7 January, 2010.
- Vella, Maeve; Helen Rickards (1989). Theatre of the Impossible: puppet theatre in Australia. Roseville, N.S.W: Craftsman's House. ISBN 0-947131-21-3.