Richard C. H. Lenski
Richard C. H. Lenski (September 14, 1864 in Greifenberg, Brandenburg-Prussia (now Gryfice, Poland) – 1936) was a German-born American-naturalized Lutheran scholar, and author, who published a series of Lutheran New Testament commentaries (some of the volumes were published after his death). He was editor of Die Lutherische Kirchenzeitung for twenty years. His 12-volume series of commentaries on the New Testament contains a literal translation of the Greek texts and commentary which was advertised as being from a traditional Lutheran perspective.
- Journey into childhood: The autobiography of Lois Lenski 1972 "My father, Richard Charles Henry Lenski, and his brother Paul, were born in Greifenburg, Prussia, in 1864 and 1866."
- Juergen Ludwig Neve, Willard Dow Allbeck History of the Lutheran church in America 1934 "RCH Lenski, DD, was born at Greifenberg, Pomerania, September 14, 1864, and came to America in 1872. ... He served pastorates in Baltimore, Md., Trenton, Springfield, and Anna, Ohio, and came to Capital University as theological professor in 1911. For a number of years he was president of the Western district, and he was editor-in-chief of Die Lutherische Kirchenzeitung for twenty years, in addition to being a frequent contributor to theological magazines."
- Walter A. Elwell, Jim D. Weaver Bible interpreters of the twentieth century 1999 entry Richard Lenski
- The Book Review Digest Vol.33 H.W. Wilson Company - 1938 "LENSKI, RICHARD CHARLES HENRY. The interpretation of St Paul's Epistles to the Galatians. to the Ephesians and ... commentary maintains the standard set by its predecessors in the 'great' tradition of conservative Lutheran scholarship."
- A Reformed Response to the Comments of R. C. H. Lenski on Romans 9, James White, http://vintage.aomin.org/Lenskirep.html