|Richard Erwin Cleve|
|Institutions||University of Calgary
University of Waterloo
Institute for Quantum Computing
Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics
|Alma mater||University of Waterloo
University of Toronto
|Doctoral advisor||Charles Rackoff|
Richard Erwin Cleve is a professor of computer science at the David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science at the University of Waterloo, where he holds the Institute for Quantum Computing Chair in quantum computing, and an associate member of the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics.
He was the recipient of the 2008 CAP/CRM Prize in Theoretical and Mathematical Physics, awarded for "fundamental results in quantum information theory, including the structure of quantum algorithms and the foundations of quantum communication complexity." He has authored several highly cited papers in quantum information, and is one of the creators of the field of quantum communication complexity. He is also one of the founding managing editors of the journal Quantum Information & Computation, a founding fellow of the Quantum Information Processing program at the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research, and a Team Leader at QuantumWorks.
- Richard Cleve at the IQC directory.
- Richard Cleve at the University of Waterloo website.
- Richard Cleve at the Mathematics Genealogy Project.
- 2008 CAP/CRM Prize in Theoretical and Mathematical Physics
- Barenco, Adriano; Charles H. Bennett; Richard Cleve; David P. DiVincenzo; Norman Margolus; Peter Shor; Tycho Sleator; John A. Smolin; Harald Weinfurter (1995-11-01). "Elementary gates for quantum computation". Physical Review A. 52 (5): 3457–3467. doi:10.1103/PhysRevA.52.3457. PMID 9912645. Retrieved 2009-08-18.
- Childs, Andrew M.; Richard Cleve; Enrico Deotto; Edward Farhi; Sam Gutmann; Daniel A. Spielman (2003). "Exponential algorithmic speedup by a quantum walk". Proceedings of the thirty-fifth annual ACM symposium on Theory of computing. San Diego, CA, USA: ACM. pp. 59–68. doi:10.1145/780542.780552. ISBN 1-58113-674-9. Retrieved 2009-08-18.
- Beals, Robert; Harry Buhrman; Richard Cleve; Michele Mosca; Ronald de Wolf (2001). "Quantum lower bounds by polynomials". J. ACM. 48 (4): 778–797. doi:10.1145/502090.502097. Retrieved 2009-08-18.
- Buhrman, Harry; Richard Cleve; Avi Wigderson (1998). "Quantum vs. classical communication and computation". Proceedings of the thirtieth annual ACM symposium on Theory of computing. Dallas, Texas, United States: ACM. pp. 63–68. doi:10.1145/276698.276713. ISBN 0-89791-962-9. Retrieved 2009-08-18.
- List of editors of Quantum Information & Computation
|This article about a Canadian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|