Jump to navigation Jump to search
He is a regional editor of The Economist, with experience in Mexico, Central America, Africa and Singapore. He was previously a senior lecturer in politics and history at Royal Holloway, University of London.
- Thinking the unthinkable: think-tanks and the economic counter-revolution, 1931–1983. (Fontana Press, 1995). ISBN 0-00-637586-3.
- Sudan: Darfur and the failure of an African State. (Yale University Press, 2010).
- New Left, New Right and Beyond. Taking the Sixties Seriously (with Geoff Andrews, Alan Hooper, Michael Williams) (Palgrave Macmillan, 1999). ISBN 9780333741474
- David Astor and The Observer (Andre Deutsch, 1990). ISBN 0-233-98735-5
- Twilight of Truth: Chamberlain, Appeasement, and the Manipulation of the Press (St. Martin's Press, 1989)
|This article about a British historian or genealogist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|