|Born||Richard Thomas Correll
May 14, 1948
Los Angeles County, California, United States
|Other names||Richard T. Correll|
|Occupation||Actor, film director, television director, television producer, television writer|
Richard Thomas "Rich" Correll (born May 14, 1948) is an American television actor, director, producer and writer.
Life and career
Born in Los Angeles County, California, Correll is the son of Charles Correll, who starred as Andy Brown on the radio program Amos and Andy. He is the brother of Barbara Correll, Dottie Correll and Charles Correll, Jr., who worked on Animal House as cinematographer and directed episodes of Without a Trace, CSI: Miami, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Beverly Hills, 90210, Melrose Place and Stargate SG-1.
As a child actor, Correll played the role of Beaver's friend Richard Rickover during the last two seasons of Leave It to Beaver (1960–62). As a teenager, Correll became a close friend of legendary silent film comedian Harold Lloyd and his family, and volunteered to assist Lloyd in preserving and archiving Lloyd's extensive films. He continues this work today, and is credited as the chief archivist for the Lloyd Trust. He has shared his encyclopedic knowledge of Lloyd's work and life in interviews and commentary tracks for the 2005 DVD release of Lloyd's films, and in the 1991 documentary The Third Genius.
Correll has directed episodes of The Suite Life on Deck, The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, Family Matters, What I Like About You, That's So Raven, So Little Time, The Amanda Show, The Hogan Family, Yes, Dear, Two of a Kind and many other series. He is also the co-creator of the Disney Channel original series, Hannah Montana. In 1961, Richard Correll as Richard and Roberta Shore as Joyce played in Ozzie and Harriet.
In 2010, Correll sued Disney for unfair termination and alleged non-payment of creative royalties for Hannah Montana.
- Ski Patrol (1990)
- The Hogan Family (1987–1990, 31 episodes)
- Going Places (Unknown episodes, 1990–1991)
- The Family Man (8 episodes, 1990)
- Perfect Strangers (4 episodes, 1990)
- Scorch (1 episode, 1992)
- Full House (4 episodes, 1987–1992)
- Getting By (Unknown episodes, 1993)
- Sister, Sister (Pilot-1994)
- On Our Own (3 episodes, 1994)
- Step By Step (Pilot-1991)
- Step by Step (36 episodes, 1991–1995)
- Kirk (10 episodes, 1995)
- Brotherly Love (Unknown episodes, 1995)
- Life with Roger (8 episodes, 1996)
- Girls Across the Lake (Unknown episodes, 1997)
- Married... with Children (1 episode, 1997)
- Meego (12 episodes, 1997)
- Family Matters (78 episodes, 1989–1998)
- Holding the Baby (6 episodes, 1998)
- Two of a Kind (14 of the 22 episodes, 1998-1999)
- Scorch (Pilot - 1998)
- Guys Like Us (12 episodes, 1998)
- The Norm Show (Unknown episodes, 1999)
- Grown Ups (11 episodes, 1999)
- The Amanda Show (6 episodes, 2000–2001)
- Yes, Dear (3 episodes, 2000–2001)
- So Little Time (12 episodes, 2001–2002)
- Reba (1 episode, 2002)
- All That (7 episodes, 2003)
- That's So Raven (36 episodes, 2003–2006)
- What I Like About You (2 episodes, 2004)
- The Suite Life of Zack & Cody (58 episodes, 2005–2008)
- Arwin! (Unsold Disney Channel pilot, 2007)
- Hannah Montana (24 episodes, 2007–2008)
- Cory in the House (9 episodes, 2007–2008)
- The Suite Life on Deck (22 episodes, 2008)
- Mostly Ghostly: Who Let the Ghosts Out? (TV film, 2008)
- I'm in the Band (2 episodes, 2010)
- Are We There Yet? (2 episodes, 2011)
- How To Rock (3 episodes, 2011)
- A.N.T. Farm (18 episodes, 2012)
- See Dad Run (13 episodes, 2012-present)
- Jessie (22 episodes 2012-present)
- Liv and Maddie (3 episodes 2014-present)
- The Partnership (3 episodes, 2014 - present)
- Austin and Ally (2 episodes, 2013–present)
- Mighty Med (13 episodes, 2014–present)
- Bunked (6 episodes, 2015-present)
- Fuller House (4 episodes, 2015- present)
- Champlin, Charles (March 31, 1993). "Silent Film's Third Genius : Harold Lloyd Put on His Glasses--and Film History". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved September 29, 2011.
- James, Caryn (January 13, 1990). "Ski Patrol (1989) Review/Film; Meanwhile, Pops Is Back At the Lodge". The New York Times.
- "Richard Correll Movies & TV". The New York Times. Retrieved September 29, 2011.
- Richard and Joyce in Ozzie and Harriet Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet - Museum of Tech Broadcast
- 'Hannah Montana' creators sue Disney for profits By Matthew Belloni of The Hollywood Reporter, April 9, 2010