This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
February 10, 1964 |
|Education||Dublin Institute of Technology|
Richard Corrigan (born 10 February 1964) is an Irish chef. He is Chef/Patron of Corrigan's Mayfair, Bentley's Oyster Bar and Grill, Bentley's Sea Grill in Harrods in London, and Virginia Park Lodge in Virginia, County Cavan.
Having spent several years in the Netherlands, he was then head chef of Mulligan’s in Mayfair in London. His first Michelin star was awarded to him when he was head chef of Stephen Bull in Fulham in 1994, also in London.
He opened Lindsay House in Soho, London, and won a Michelin star there in 1997. He then bought and refurbished Bentley’s in 2005 and subsequently opened Corrigan’s Mayfair in 2008. The latter restaurant has been awarded London Restaurant of the Year by the Evening Standard and has earned three AA Rosettes. It was also awarded ‘AA London Restaurant of the Year’, and gained one of the highest new entries in the National Restaurant Awards at number five.
He was crowned winner of the Great British Menu three times. Richard also won the recent Great British Waste Menu special, airing to over 7 million on BBC 1 prime time and which culminated in a dinner at the House of Lords.
- Chef's Race (BBC America)
- Great British Menu (BBC Two)
- Great British Food Revival (BBC Two)
- Full On Food, Saturday Kitchen (BBC One)
- Market Kitchen (UKTV)
- Something For The Weekend (BBC Two)
- The Wright Stuff (Channel 5)
- Corrigan Knows Food (RTÉ)
- The Taste (Channel 4)
- 1999: The Richard Corrigan Cookbook: From the Waters to the Wild published by Hodder & Stoughton Ltd, ASIN: B001LN4LGY
- 2008: The Clatter of Forks and Spoons: Honest, Happy Food published by Fourth Estate, ISBN 978-0007248902
- 2011: Cookery School: Where anyone can learn to cook published by Penguin Books, ISBN 9780718158064
- "Celeb chef Corrigan to create 70 jobs in Cavan as London restaurants enjoy 'record year' - Independent.ie". Independent.ie. Retrieved 2017-01-03.