Richard Dashut and Mick Fleetwood in an unknown studio located in England.
|Birth name||Richard Charles Dashut|
|Also known as||Richard "Dick Dash" Dashut|
|Born||September 19, 1951|
|Genres||Rock, pop, country|
|Occupation(s)||Record producer, sound engineer, live sound mixing|
|Associated acts||Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood, Christine McVie, John McVie, Bob Welch, George Harrison, Back To The Future, Altered Beast, Matthew Sweet, Walter Egan, Cheech Marin, Tommy Chong, Gary Busey|
Richard Charles Dashut (born September 19, 1951) is a record producer who produced several Fleetwood Mac albums including Rumours, Tusk, Live, Mirage, Tango In The Night, and Time and later an album by Matthew Sweet, Altered Beast. Dashut also co-wrote several songs with Lindsey Buckingham, including Trouble, Book Of Love, and more during his time with Fleetwood Mac. Dashut was born in West Hollywood, California, and started his career sweeping floors in a recording studio where he later met Lindsey and Stevie. Keith Olsen hired Richard as a maintenance guy at Sound City and quickly became his second engineer on a few albums including Buckingham Nicks.
Tango In The Night
Lindsey & Richard during the recording of "Tango In The Night" mid 80's. "Lindsey had his home studio set up in what was the garage. The studio had a door that opened up to a hallway leading to his bedroom. He quite often would walk in with a bathrobe & a cup of coffee to start the day, even before putting on his contact lenses. The rest of the band would arrive later in the day, staying in a massive RV, that served as a rolling lounge, parked in his Bel Air driveway. Stevie was not there much, coming in just to do her vocal parts & lend a bit of support. I don’t remember where we mixed that record, probably most of it there, except for the single releases, which by then I think Chris Lord Alge was doing." - Richard Dashut  
- Buckingham Nicks (1973) – Buckingham Nicks (Second engineer)
- Rumours (1976) – Fleetwood Mac (Producer)
- Tusk (1979) – Fleetwood Mac (Producer, co-writer)
- Live (1980) – Fleetwood Mac (Producer, live mixing)
- Mirage (1982) – Fleetwood Mac (Producer, co-writer)
- Tango In The Night (1986) – Fleetwood Mac (Producer, co-writer)
- Greatest Hits (1988) – Fleetwood Mac (Producer)
- 25 Years – The Chain (1992) – Fleetwood Mac (Producer, engineer)
- Law and Order (1981) – Lindsey Buckingham (Producer, co-writer for the track "Trouble")
- The Visitor (1981) – Mick Fleetwood (Producer)
- Out of the Cradle (1992) – Lindsey Buckingham (Producer, co-writer)
- I'm Not Me (1983) – Mick Fleetwood (Producer)
- Sentimental Lady (1977) – Bob Welch (Co-producer)
- Back to the Future (1985) - Lindsey Buckingham - Back To The Future Soundtrack (Producer)
- ''National Lampoon's Vacation "Holiday Road", "Dancing Across the USA" (1983) Lindsey Buckingham (Producer)
With Buckingham Nicks
|1973||Buckingham Nicks||80||-||Debut album featuring duo of Buckingham and partner Stevie Nicks. Both would later join Fleetwood Mac, after this album failed commercially and label Polydor dropped them as they were recording tracks for follow-up LP. Album finally made US#80 on brief 1982 re-release|
With Fleetwood Mac
|Year||Album||U. S.||UK||AUS||CAN||GER||SWI||AUT||SWE||FRA||RIAA certification|
|1987||Tango in the Night||7||1||5||2||2||7||25||1||25||3× Platinum|
Live albums and compilations
|Year||Album||U. S.||UK||AUS||CAN||GER||SWI||AUT||SWE||FRA||RIAA certifications|
|1988||Greatest Hits||14||3||3||18||15||8× Platinum|
|2002||The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac||12||6||16||18||Platinum|
DVD and video releases
With Lindsey Buckingham
|1981||Law and Order||32||-||-||-|
|1992||Out of the Cradle||128||51||28||70|
With Mick Fleetwood
|Year||Album||Chart Position||Additional information|
|1981||The Visitor||43||Featured two Fleetwood Mac remakes – "Rattlesnake Shake" & "Walk A Thin Line"|
|1983||I'm Not Me||–||Billed as "Mick Fleetwood's Zoo"|
|1983||"Holiday Road", "Dancing Across the USA"||National Lampoon's Vacation||-|
|1985||"Time Bomb Town"||Back to the Future||-|
|"Trouble"||Just One of the Guys|
- Official blog Official Blog (Updated Regularly)
- Official website Official (But Outdated) Site
- Fleetwood Mac Official Band site
- Richard C. Dashut. "Trouble". dickdash.tumblr.com. Retrieved September 3, 2014.
- Richard C. Dashut. "Book Of Love". dickdash.tumblr.com. Retrieved September 3, 2014.
- Lesley A. Thode. "The Penguin Biographies: Richard Dashut". Martin and Lisa Adelson. Retrieved 2010-03-11.
- Richard Dashut. "Making Of "Tango In The Night"". Stacy Be - Truth And Consequences Blog. Retrieved 2014-09. Check date values in:
- Richard Dashut. "Richard on Favorite & Least Favorite album to work on". Stacy Be - Truth And Consequences Blog. Retrieved 2014-09. Check date values in:
- "RIAA Gold and Platinum Search for albums by Fleetwood Mac". Riaa.com. Retrieved 2012-02-29.
- "The White Album Tour". The Fleetwood Mac Legacy. Retrieved 7 October 2011.
- Richard Dashut's Interactive FM Blog
- Discography - 
- Richard Dashut at the Internet Movie Database