Richard Dawkins Award
The Richard Dawkins Award is an annual award presented by the Atheist Alliance of America to individuals it judges to have raised the public consciousness of atheism. It has been presented since 2003, and is named after Richard Dawkins, an English evolutionary biologist who was named the world's top thinker in a 2013 reader's poll of the Prospect Magazine.
- 2003: James Randi
- 2004: Ann Druyan
- 2005: Penn & Teller
- 2006: Julia Sweeney
- 2007: Daniel Dennett
- 2008: Ayaan Hirsi Ali
- 2009: Bill Maher
- 2010: Susan Jacoby
- 2011: Christopher Hitchens
- 2012: Eugenie Scott
- 2013: Steven Pinker
- 2014: Rebecca Goldstein
- 2015: Jerry Coyne
- 2016: Lawrence M. Krauss
- 2017: David Silverman
- 2018: Stephen Fry - Read More - Watch Video
Lawrence Krauss is given the award by Mark Gura and Melissa Pugh at Reason Rally 2016
Richard Dawkins, Mark Gura and CW Brown present the award to Stephen Fry at CSICon
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Richard Dawkins Award.|
- "The Richard Dawkins Award". SERVING THE ATHEIST COMMUNITY FOR MORE THAN 20 YEARS. Retrieved 2016-06-25.
- "Richard Dawkins named world's top thinker in poll". theguardian.com. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- "Bill Maher gets the Richard Dawkins Award? That's like Jenny McCarthy getting an award for public health". scienceblogs.com. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- "Inspiring Women of TAM 2013: Susan Jacoby". skepticink.com. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- "Christopher Hitchens: one man's service in the war against delusion". theguardian.com. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- "2012 Richard Dawkins Award for Eugenie Scott". richarddawkins.net.
- "Dr. Steven Pinker to Receive 2013 Richard Dawkins Award". atheistallianceamerica.org. Archived from the original on May 13, 2013. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- http://secularsites.net/AAA-live/richard-dawkins-award-presentation/[permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-03-06. Retrieved 2015-03-04.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)